Trouble Meeting Fat Macros!

Options
Hey, so I'm starting up with iifym again. It's been almost 2 years and I'm having trouble now on my first day back on. I met my protein goals easily because I was so focused on making sure I was getting enough protein since last time it was hard for me to do that. Now, it's 8:20 pm and I still need 37g of fat and 20g of carbs.I have no idea what to eat because I feel like most foods with high grams of fat, has higher grams of carbs. I don't have much of a selection in my fridge right now but I would appreciate any advice/recommendations! :p thanks guys!

Replies

• Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Avocado on toast with a sprinkle of olive oil?
  • Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Kexessa wrote: »
    Avocado on toast with a sprinkle of olive oil?

If I had avocado I would, but maybe I can figure something out with the olive oil. Didn't even have that on my mind. Thank you!
  • Kexessa
    Options
    You can add most any herbs to olive oil and use it as a bread dip. If the herbs are dried give them a few minutes to hydrate a bit.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    Kexessa wrote: »
    You can add most any herbs to olive oil and use it as a bread dip. If the herbs are dried give them a few minutes to hydrate a bit.
    You're a genius. I'm Italian and that didn't even cross my mind. Thanks so much :)
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    Chocolate
    Oh gosh.... :p if I had any!
  • Kexessa
    Options
    You're welcome!
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    nuts and full fat cheese
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    nuts and full fat cheese
    thank you :)

• cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Mmm olive oil bread dip!!! I'm keeping that one in mind for future use. Or cheese. As a fellow Italian, I'm sure these will do just fine! Now I'm hungry lol.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Also, you might need to address your protein sources to include fattier cuts of meat and dairy fat if this is a common issue with you. If this is a one time or a "once in a blue moon" circumstance, I wouldn't sweat it. Heaping tablespoon of peanut butter and your done.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
  • danomitex
    danomitex Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nuts. One serving, which is like a small handful, can get you between 12-15 grams of healthy fats.
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    cajuntank wrote: »
    Also, you might need to address your protein sources to include fattier cuts of meat and dairy fat if this is a common issue with you. If this is a one time or a "once in a blue moon" circumstance, I wouldn't sweat it. Heaping tablespoon of peanut butter and your done.
    Thanks, it actually is a common occurrence. I tend to isolate my protein sources by eating a ton of egg whites and whey isolate protein shakes. I'll add peanut butter to my shakes and eat my chicken breast cooked in some olive oil.
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    karla24687 wrote: »
    Mmm olive oil bread dip!!! I'm keeping that one in mind for future use. Or cheese. As a fellow Italian, I'm sure these will do just fine! Now I'm hungry lol.
    Lol seriously!
  • MissPauling
    MissPauling Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Funny, I can easily go over my fat with coconut oil and nuts, but I always struggle with protein and carbs. Sweet potatoes don't have enough carbs and I don't know what to eat for protein, I eat fish and eggs and sometimes meat, but even the meat seems to have more fat than protein actually -_-
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Chocolate

you don't keep any chocolate or ice cream in your house?
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Chocolate

you don't keep any chocolate or ice cream in your house?

I really should but I'm afraid I'll eat it all haha
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    Funny, I can easily go over my fat with coconut oil and nuts, but I always struggle with protein and carbs. Sweet potatoes don't have enough carbs and I don't know what to eat for protein, I eat fish and eggs and sometimes meat, but even the meat seems to have more fat than protein actually -_-

How about protein shakes and chicken breast?
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You don't have to reach your fat or carb macros. You need to eat a minimum of 25-30g of fat to get essential fatty acids for hormone production.

Beyond that, you eat for nutrition and satiety, staying around your calorie plan.

Protein is the only one you need to strive to hit, over a weekly or longer average; day to day fluctuations of being over/under are normal and OK if the average meets the goal.

Now, as far as sources, if you want to eat more ... the suggestions above are all good options. If your not afraid of gaining a few more grams of protein along with your fat and carbs, sausages and other processed meats ( spam, cold cuts, etc ) or full fat dairy are good options. Just have to be creative ...

For example, on of my favorites is broccoli Alfredo. Another is steamed rice with garlic butter and chives. Since you can control the portions, you can get the exact macro profile you want, when building from components.

And put the yolks back in ...