• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Mariposa wrote:
    To clarify, I felt clean, like a detox.
    More woo.
    Read this:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1

Did the 'detox' remove something that your liver, kidneys, lungs, and skin could not?

Is this the beginning of the woo. . . .woo?!? Can I get a woo woo?!?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Op save your money. Its a mlm scam . eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight. Shakeology is low quality junk, along with all the other mlm crap
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Save your $$$...When I first was trying to lose weight I was desperate and got scammed into buying it. It was expensive and tasted horrible, so they told me next month I can switch and try another flavor....horrible again after 3 months I cancelled. I still felt hungry after drinking it and even though I lost maybe 5 lbs it wasn't something that I felt was sustainable in the long run of my journey. I love food and prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them, plus I couldnt afford to shell out over $100 every month for these shakes, when I can buy cheaper ones in Walmart, if I wanted to continue on the shake replacement route..

Then in Jan I found MFP and have lost over 40lbs creating a caloric deficit, by weighing and logging everything I eat.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The only calories I drink are calories in wine a margarita.

FIFY.

Shakeology taste like chalk.

Edit - correction, chalk taste better than Shakeology.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I have. It's a scam. There is no reason a bloating protein powder should cost $130 a bag.
    $130 for a Protein shake???
    They'd have to pay ME to drink it! Lol
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I have. It's a scam. There is no reason a bloating protein powder should cost $130 a bag.
    $130 for a Protein shake???
    They'd have to pay ME to drink it! Lol
    lol. me too.
  • schandler1011
    schandler1011 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't do shakeology but I use another program but we have a recommended food list to follow. And not trying to win anyone over, but pyramid schemes don't involve the exchange of product. Google it.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I don't do shakeology but I use another program but we have a recommended food list to follow. And not trying to win anyone over, but pyramid schemes don't involve the exchange of product.
    What *do* they involve, then? MLM's are all about moving product to the uninformed.

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It's a MultLevel marketing company. The "scam" comes in cause their product sucks and they are sold by coaches who don't know diddly and try to sell said crappy product to gullible people who also don't know anything.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I like protein shakes every now and then... but Shakeology just tastes bad.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I don't do shakeology but I use another program but we have a recommended food list to follow. And not trying to win anyone over, but pyramid schemes don't involve the exchange of product. Google it.
    It's a token-based pyramid scheme. And it's still a ripoff. And real friends do not use their relationship as leverage to try to sell stuff to people.
  • saramichelle89
    saramichelle89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love Shakeology. Good flavors and they contain alot of micronutrients (vitamins). I think it has a lot of sugar but it has been 3 years since I last had one. I have only tried the chocolate one. In my honest opinion, there are better protein powders out there for you. You dont NEED Shakeology to do P90x or any of their programs. You can get by with a better quality product. :-)
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have. It's a scam. There is no reason a bloating protein powder should cost $130 a bag. Spend your money elsewhere. I am sure your sister in law would love nothing more than to sell you the stuff because she is making money off it.

I tried Shakeology and Isagenix. Neither did jack squat to help me lose weight. With Isagenix, I even gained a few pounds! I've been told that using one or the other is supposed to help lower your grocery store bill, but I never saw any sort of savings.

• notwaitin
    notwaitin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    I love Shakeology. I felt clean and had more energy despite replacing an actual meal with a shake. I wasn't left hungry. I have heard of people not enjoying it, so I would say give it a real chance for thirty days. Then you will really know if you want to continue or stop. I continued. There are so many different recipes you can do with the skates too so you won't get bored with the same 'ol thing every day. It sounds like you are interested, so give it a shot.

?

I tried it and felt dirty, I was swindled and nothing magical happened, I will try and wash off all my shame and regret in the shower.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Oh my god! $130 a bag? If I had known, I would have told off the person trying to sell it to me even worse!

My internet is a steady stream of multilevel marketers in their various cults trying to push their crap.

Weight loss is not sexy, it's not always fun, but it is not as expensive as the industry would like you to think.

Calories in, calories out.
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy it but tried a friends, it was the chocolate and it tasted horrible and left a disgusting aftertaste. No ty. Plus $130 for a month supply, no, no, no...
  • knitwithpurpose
    knitwithpurpose Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I tried shakeology when I did the 30-day fix. I found that if I mixed it with strawberries or added a little peanut butter it worked as a breakfast or snack and occasionally as dinner if it was late and I didn't feel like cooking. However it is expensive and just by ordering it you end up on autoship and when you try and cancel you get the hard sell. Fortunately my coach warned me about the hard sell and after saying "no" a couple times I said "I'm at work and need to get off the phone", and that shut them up. If you want to give it a try then go for it, but its not magic and doesn't really make it easier to lose weight.
  • Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Personally, I love it. I tried it for a week and found that I lost weight quickly, my skin was clearer and my hormones got back in balance. I also switched a clean eating diet at the time, so I didn't trust it was the Shakeology. So after my trial packs ended, I just continued what I was doing with the clean eating. My skin turned sallow within 2 days, I started spotting after 4 and I became moodier, with less energy. When I was on it, I lost 4 lbs. It has been 2 weeks now and I barely lost 1 lb just from clean eating. It is very nutrient dense and has some ayurvedic herbs that help with balancing hormones, mood, energy levels, etc. I don't think it has a bad taste and I find it very versatile to use with fruity or chocolate and nuts. I just got my first bag today, so you can check in on me to see how it is doing for my continued weight loss and such because my diary is open to the public. BTW...loved it so much and wanted to get it cheaper, so I signed up as a coach. Costs about $90 a bag for about a 30 day supply that way.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Think about this way: Even if it does work, and you lose the weight, what are you going to do then? If you don't keep drinking the shakes for the rest of your life, you'll gain the weight right back.
    So, why don't you just learn what you need to do to get the weight off and keep it off? (hint: it has to do with eating less calories)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love it. I tried it for a week and found that I lost weight quickly, my skin was clearer and my hormones got back in balance. I also switched a clean eating diet at the time, so I didn't trust it was the Shakeology. So after my trial packs ended, I just continued what I was doing with the clean eating. My skin turned sallow within 2 days, I started spotting after 4 and I became moodier, with less energy. When I was on it, I lost 4 lbs. It has been 2 weeks now and I barely lost 1 lb just from clean eating. It is very nutrient dense and has some ayurvedic herbs that help with balancing hormones, mood, energy levels, etc. I don't think it has a bad taste and I find it very versatile to use with fruity or chocolate and nuts. I just got my first bag today, so you can check in on me to see how it is doing for my continued weight loss and such because my diary is open to the public. BTW...loved it so much and wanted to get it cheaper, so I signed up as a coach. Costs about $90 a bag for about a 30 day supply that way.

It would be cheaper to find the ingredients that are helping with your moods and go to the health shop than this. It really sounds like overpriced multivitamins. All the multivitamins food and gym membership I could buy with 90 dollars