Who has tried Shakeology?

Options
My sister in law has been telling me about this "wonderful" meal replacement call shakeology. I wanted to ask if any of you have tried this product and what do you think about it?

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Never tried it, never had the urge to replace meals with liquids. Sorry :( I do enjoy a smoothie as a snack after a hard workout but it's low cal and I make it myself :)
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it but I can tell you one thing - it is utter garbage.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    JYAVWj7.gif
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hard to say what is in there - they won't tell anyone, lol.

It's been mentioned that the stuff may or may not cause kidney problems.

Anyway, it's a scam, part of a pyramid scheme. Tell your sister-in-law to get out before she loses too much money! We see a lot of people advertising the stuff here. They suck in so many gullible people. Don't let her be one!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Save your money and eat food.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,721 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat my calories. Compare and contrast the feeling of satiety that you get by eating two, or three, apples versus drinking a glass of apple juice made out of the same quantity of apples.

So the next step would be that the shakes include some special woo that you cannot get out of whole and normal foods.

In general I do not believe in special woo supplements, and do not believe that most of the time we even get what we pay for when it comes to supplements.

Having said that several people around here sell the shakes and several people around here swear by the shakes.

All told I'm perfectly okay without using the shakes, and if I really want to drink some calories I can mix some chocolate flavoured protein powder in a glass of milk or water and add a banana or some blueberries if I feel like it.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    If you do a forum search for Shakeology, you'll see how strongly negative the reaction is towards it. It is a pyramid scheme and it's based in woo. Even the people I've heard from that do drink meal replacement shakes say Shakeology doesn't taste very good and doesn't seem to keep them very full.
  • Mariposa333408
    Mariposa333408 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love Shakeology. I felt clean and had more energy despite replacing an actual meal with a shake. I wasn't left hungry. I have heard of people not enjoying it, so I would say give it a real chance for thirty days. Then you will really know if you want to continue or stop. I continued. There are so many different recipes you can do with the skates too so you won't get bored with the same 'ol thing every day. It sounds like you are interested, so give it a shot.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I love Shakeology. I felt clean and had more energy despite replacing an actual meal with a shake. I wasn't left hungry. I have heard of people not enjoying it, so I would say give it a real chance for thirty days. Then you will really know if you want to continue or stop. I continued. There are so many different recipes you can do with the skates too so you won't get bored with the same 'ol thing every day. It sounds like you are interested, so give it a shot.

?

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Strong first fifth post
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

?

Only if you bathe in it.

And OP, a 30-day trial's going to run you over $100 from what I've seen. If that's money you have to burn, then more power to you.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    If you want a protein shake there are plenty of cheaper options that have a better ratio of protein to carbs and fats. Whole food, IMO, is superior to shakes though. I only use protein shakes as a supplement (go figure) to my normal diet of whole foods.
  • mistib1229
    mistib1229 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    vismal wrote: »
    If you want a protein shake there are plenty of cheaper options that have a better ratio of protein to carbs and fats. Whole food, IMO, is superior to shakes though. I only use protein shakes as a supplement (go figure) to my normal diet of whole foods.

Seriously. You can buy a huge container of whey protein and mix it with whatever the hell you feel like. I think I paid around $30 for the one I have currently. And you'll actually know what you're drinking. I usually do a protein shake in the morning because I don't like eating breakfast but need some sustenance before my workout. Chocolate protein powder, milk, a banana, and some peanut butter. It's delicious, nutritious, and cheap.

Shakeology/ 21 day fix has taken over my facebook newsfeed recently. Also, I had no idea Shakeology cost that much! Good Lord...
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    The only calories I drink are calories in wine.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    The only calories I drink are calories in wine.

Preeeeeach it!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Save your money and eat food.

i agree with this
    just the same scam as herbal life with a different label

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    btw - no not tried it. will not try it as not necessary to kick start anything. lose weight, have energy or any of those lies they spout.