Who has tried Shakeology?

Options

Replies

• carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Tried it (didn't buy it thankfully) and it made me bloated, and with so many ingredients in there its hard to identify the cause. WAY too expensive for a protein shake, nor do i like the MLM approach- seems deceptive
  • Mariposa333408
    Mariposa333408 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sorry. To clarify, I felt clean, like a detox.
  • Mariposa333408
    Mariposa333408 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sorry, that was for a different forum. Not sure how it got mixed up.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

This might be the best line I have ever read on MFP.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Cosign
  • Joelley1007
    Joelley1007 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was so desperate to lose weight at the beggining of the year that I wanted to try meal replacement shakes. I was also clueless when it came to nutrition. I've tried most of the shakes out there and they are all the same thing with different names. Taste like crap , doesn't keep you full. It's a business scam, a way to make money. I stopped drinking them after a couple months, (shocked I lasted that long ) in reality it's not sustainable, are you going to drink shakes for the rest of your life? I now prefer to chew my food which actually keeps me full for a few hours. Plus once you go back to eating again you will gain the weight back and some because it doesn't teach you anything about portion control.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Boom!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I love Shakeology. I felt clean and had more energy despite replacing an actual meal with a shake. I wasn't left hungry. I have heard of people not enjoying it, so I would say give it a real chance for thirty days. Then you will really know if you want to continue or stop. I continued. There are so many different recipes you can do with the skates too so you won't get bored with the same 'ol thing every day. It sounds like you are interested, so give it a shot.

Let me guess- you sell it?
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It contains a lot of fructose. Not sur how that makes you feel "detoxed". Plus, while it may help you lose weight, it does nothing to solve the problem of why you need to lose weight- making poor choices!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I swear shakeology etc etc dispatch their minions on mass to contaminate internet forums to get their products more exposure...
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Save your money and eat food.
    Save your food, eat the money. The fibers can provide better results then the shake ;)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Save your food, eat the money. The fibers can provide better results then the shake ;)

But chocolate!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Rather buy quest bars
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

Those of us in countries with sensible plastic money would probably lose weight very effectively with this diet.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Mariposa wrote:
    To clarify, I felt clean, like a detox.
    More woo.
    Read this:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1

Did the 'detox' remove something that your liver, kidneys, lungs, and skin could not?
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    Rather buy quest bars

Preeeeaaach!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    First post.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

But chocolate!

Yes, buy chocolate! I haven't try chocolate in whey protein shake yet. Hmmmm. . . . . .you may be on to something.