Just Need to Vent

Options

Replies

• cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Oh yeah. Story of my life, basically (bra size 32E). Next time, order the dress in lots of time so you can have it altered. A good tailor can work wonders.

I was trying Rent the Runway (getting a very expensive dress for under $100) so I couldn't have altered. I hate that it's probably a service I just can't use :(
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I wish I had boobs...
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I get this. I'm at a stage where I can easily go down a size or two, but because of my large chest, I can't in tops and dresses. Anything smaller and my boobs don't fit, but then everything is too big elsewhere. Currently I'm using belts a lot, or just sucking it up with looking sloppy with baggier clothes.

Sorry you're disappointed, but I'm sure you will look stunning no matter what!

• daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Currently a J cup here. The only dresses that ever fit well were the 3 that I had made for me.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    hyyau4f5i0uq.jpg
    Black tie can have separates that are totally appropriate!
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I wish I had boobs...

Right!
  • cvstokke
    Options
    hyyau4f5i0uq.jpg

omg that's so cute i love it! I have the two backup dresses (one from RTR thats half size too big, one I've worn before and would need to glam up), but I'm heading to Bloomingdales at lunch and will splurge if I find something good. I'll let yall know how it goes :smile:

• Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    This is purely from a guy's perspective but if whatever you wear, you do it with confidence, it will make a world of difference! Have the time of your life and don't play the comparison game, life is too short. And to confirm what the others are saying....you look fantastic!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Not a woman, but I'm in the same boat as having unusual proportions.

I'm 6', not out of the ordinary at all. However, I have legs the length of someone who should be 6'4" or taller. My arms are much the same.

Going anywhere but mid-to-high-end clothing stores basically results in me spending 3-4 hours looking for something that might fit, just to end up being disappointed and walking out empty-handed.

My only option for finding clothes that fit really well is to go to a place where shirts are $50 or more which is a big waste of money, seeing how I'm trying to lose weight.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    cvstokke wrote: »
    hyyau4f5i0uq.jpg

omg that's so cute i love it! I have the two backup dresses (one from RTR thats half size too big, one I've worn before and would need to glam up), but I'm heading to Bloomingdales at lunch and will splurge if I find something good. I'll let yall know how it goes :smile:

Good luck!
  • Suzmp88
    Suzmp88 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I totally get it. My bigger chest prevents me from fitting in clothes that fit my hips and waist.

Could you arrange a night out with this same group of college friends and wear a more casual, going-out-dress that makes you feel as equally amazing?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    As somebody who has always had a shape that is difficult to dress off the rack (very hourglass, so nothing at the waist ever fits), all I can tell you is to find a good seamstress or tailor and realize you have to buy the size that fits the largest part of you. I know that doesn't help you in this situation. I think the best idea is to look for a gown with a A line skirt (if I had your bod, I'd even do a pencil, cause you have a nice shape on the lower half) with a fair amount of stretch to accommodate the ladies. When I look at your profile photo, you don't look top heavy, you actually look lovely and shapely.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Not a woman, but I'm in the same boat as having unusual proportions.

I'm 6', not out of the ordinary at all. However, I have legs the length of someone who should be 6'4" or taller. My arms are much the same.

Going anywhere but mid-to-high-end clothing stores basically results in me spending 3-4 hours looking for something that might fit, just to end up being disappointed and walking out empty-handed.

My only option for finding clothes that fit really well is to go to a place where shirts are $50 or more which is a big waste of money, seeing how I'm trying to lose weight.

That's me, too, but on a small scale since I'm 5'3". I have an annoyingly short torso. Drives me nuts - I'll find a dress that looks great and initially appears to fit perfectly, but nooooo. The shoulders are at least an inch, if not two, elevated above my actual shoulders. The back of the neck, too.

Point being, we get it, OP. It sucks to know that you're probably going to have to have clothes altered, or spend a stupid amount of time to find the oddball item that fits. As if just finding something that's flattering doesn't already take a stupid amount of time.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you have more weight to lose, there is the possibility that some of it could start coming off the breast area. We all lose weight differently, and it comes off where it wants to, when it wants to, so that area may be last on its list. theres no way of knowing until you get there though... However, me being small chested, I do sometimes wish I had bigger boobs lol. We all wish we have something we don't have. Love it, and flaunt it girl! heheh
  • PrincessWarior
    PrincessWarior Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What about a different bra? I'm 36D and love all kind of clothing and I have learn with time that the bra really matter. Tuck those babies well you can be suprise !!!!
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I totally get it. I'm a 36G on top but a us size 10 on the bottom. Shopping is tough for me, especially for dresses. I usually just get the bigger size. Sometimes I have it taken it, but honestly my real problem is the fact that I'm 6'1", so that everything is always too short anyway. So I get the bigger size because it's usually longer. Over the years I'm learning to love my body, and I hope you do too. I think you're beautiful!
  • cvstokke
    Options
    lg3p9znz6bjo.jpg

Decided to go with this one I think
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    That dress is pretty and looks really great on you! Good choice! :)
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Love that dress! Color & fit looks great! Rock it, girl :)
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    See? I could never pull off that dress-you pull it off perfectly. I love the little belt!