Pain in hamstring

Options
When i get up from my desk after sitting a while i have pain in groin area (like where the top of ur leg meets ur pelvis), under my butt cheek and down the back of my leg. All on the left side. Sometimes it feels like there is a knot in my hamstring. It been going on for 8 months or so. Walking does not help it. Wandering if anyone has had anything similar and if it was diagnosed? It not excruciating but it is painfull

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Have you seen your doctor or a physiotherapist?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Definitely testicular cancer
  • _reno_
    _reno_ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Could be an irritated sciatic nerve. I would try some targeted deep massage with a foam roller or lax ball. If this was sudden onset after a hard workout you could have strained something. Treat with compression / ice for 24 hours then lay off exercise until there is no discomfort or tightness. If it is a strain the sooner you back off the faster you will recover. Aggravating it can drastically increase the time to heal.

Seeing a Dr is always the safest best bet vs opinions of randos on the interwebs
  • TheLittleGingerDoesWeightLoss
    Options
    I have this issue. I experience this after sitting for a long time or intense physical labor. Periodically, I have pain that will shoot down my lower back through my bum and through the leg. If it's severe enough I can't walk till the pain subsides. I went to the doctor for this and had an MRI, but nothing came back as wrong. So the concern is that when the tissue surrounding my sciatic nerve becomes inflamed, it pinches the nerve. But this is apparently hard to catch.

Go to your doctor. Mine is intermittent but yours sounds chronic and persistent so you might be able to get an answer.
  • ConstantStruggle
    ConstantStruggle Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank u for your suggestions. have not seen a physician for it yet. To DavPul I'm pretty sure it doesn't hv anything to do with testicles Cuz I don't have any:/
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Do stretches for your psoas muscle.