Help! I'm stuck!

2»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Yeah, lots of dubious entries in the diary. What is "one cup of homemade non salad salad"? Is that your recipe? Are the other "homemade" entries your recipes?
  • kalysta23
    kalysta23 Posts: 8 Member
    OP - Many of us have shared your fear of gaining weight back, including myself. However, our bodies intentionally hold on to fat for survival. Eating at a deficient for long periods of time can trigger our bodies to hang on to fat even harder. Additionally, you exercising a lot which means your body needs more fuel. I ate 1200 calories a day when I was losing weight, but on days I exercised I would eat at least half of the calories I burned back. I went to 1530 when I went on maintenance and I lost additional 5 pounds! Now that I have add strength training to my routine I have to eat more to give my body the fuel is needs to rebuild muscle. You have done extremely well in your weight loss journey. Why don't you try adding some calories back for a few weeks and see what happens? What do you have to lose? You already know that you have the ability and commitment to lose weight if you do happen to gain weight. Just my two cents. Good Luck!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited July 2015
    kalysta23 wrote: »
    Why don't you try adding some calories back for a few weeks and see what happens?

OP isn't burning enough for that to make a difference, and what OP is burning is low intensity.

• adoud1
    adoud1 Posts: 17 Member
    @Mr_Knight: Yes, most of the "homemade" titles are my own recipes. I write down every ingredient I use, calculate all the calories, fat, etc. and then divide by the number of servings to arrive at the calories per serving.
    The "non-salad salad" is a name I give my homemade tomato, mozzarella, basil salad.
  • adoud1
    @kalysta23 and @Caitwn thank you for the suggestions related to weight/resistance training. I have just started to add this into my workouts, so I appreciate the information. I have only been weighing myself once a week so as not to focus on the numbers so much, but maybe I should increase that now to see the fluctuations better. I think I just need to give it more time and see what happens.
    Again, I appreciate everyone's comments.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    I want to re-iterate because I haven't seen you respond to this--you are losing to fast.

It looks like you started April 6th. Between then and two weeks ago, you said you lost 22 lbs. That's 1.8 lb/week. That is too fast!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MireyGal76/view/in-5-weeks-you-ll-lose-10lbs-why-s-it-not-working-668182

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1318741/in-5-weeks-youll-lose-10lbs-why-is-it-not-working/p1
  • adoud1
    @Nuke_64: Obviously I'm not going to be able to sustain a 1.8lb/wk loss (as demonstrated the last 2 wks), but I'm not starving myself and I'm not working out like a maniac. I thought I was working out a healthy amount and I was eating the calorie amount the nutritionist told me to eat. I don't feel like my weight loss was too fast; I found it encouraging. It has kept me motivated and focused for the last three months. I didn't want to take a year to lose 35lbs. I wanted to see results faster to keep me motivated to continue on this journey.