Starting my journey at 224lbs, want to get to 154lbs. Looking for like minded friends for motivation

Options
vald84
vald84 Posts: 2 Member
so I've been down this road before with trying to loose the weight and I always start off well and gain momentum but after a few months I start having a few bad days which leads to a few bad weeks which leads to me totally falling off the weight loss wagon! I'm 31 and the time for excuses is over, the weight needs to come off now! Looking for some buddies to help kick my *kitten* to stay on plan and log everyday! Who is with me??

Replies

• Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Sounds familiar to me. Perhaps we sometimes embrace weight loss with such fervor that it is hard to maintain long term. I am trying to do it correctly, but in a more sustainable pace. When I am on the program, I find I think about it most of the day, hard to keep that mental state going. I think it needs to become and easy part of our lives, how exactly to do that I am still struggling with. "All In" or "All Out" so to speak. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I just recently jumped back on the wagon on New Years. Had some crazy days but that's bound to happen- it's life. I started at 225 and now I'm down to 205. Add me if you'd like!
  • x_AmandaJayne_x
    x_AmandaJayne_x Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey! Sounds like me!!! Lets do this ;)
  • renie808
    renie808 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you can do it last year was a rough year for me and I let my self go. With help with a few of my friends this year i have lost over 50 pounds... I have went from a size 15 to a size 8..... so if you have a bad day remember you always start a new day!
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When I finally got serious about losing, I started at 226. I'm down to the low 180's (I've been fluctuating a lot, so I need to get on it to start dropping again). My goal is to reach 170. I'd love to reach 160-165, but I want to get to 170 first. Always looking for like-minded, encouraging friends!! I'm 33 and 5'9.5".
  • ladykeaton
    ladykeaton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been in your shoes several times on this journey... start off extremely well, then fall by the wayside after seeing results. I can't quite explain why because my body responds really well to eating right and exercise..... I stopped focusing so much on the scale and put more time into portion control. Eating half of my meals help especially if dining out. Also, drinking 10oz of water before each meal. We can do this!!! Feel free to add me as a friend. I welcome all motivation and support!
  • vald84
    vald84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    Thanks for all the replies!! My partner wanted to get Chinese food for dinner tonight but I said no so we've made a healthy salad and low fat burgers instead! Feeling immensely proud!!
  • disneylandtrixie7
    disneylandtrixie7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Similar story.... Started in February at 225. Finally got under my first goal and am currently at 198. Looking to keep going to 175, and maybe then some! 5'5", 29.