Do you consider yourself successful in achieving, on the path to achieving, your goals?

Options
Sued0nim
Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
And how do you define how you got there

Short answers only please

I do, lost 54lbs easily and at maintenance since Feb

Used CICO, no good/bad foods or other rules

You?

Replies

• midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yeah so far. :) lb a week lost consistently for 16 weeks! I used primal blueprint and kayaking.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Yes.

83 pounds.

CICO achieved by moderation/flexible eating
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Yes and No. I got halfway to goal and stalled out, haven't been serious enough about my logging (due to wanting to be in denial about emo indulgence). But I have improved my fitness a ton and that hasn't stalled out.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yes. Gained 20+ pounds (opposite goal to many), currently seeing a slow but consistent reduction of body fat (unsuccessfully gained too much fat with that 20, as I was still learning), been maintaining my target weight for 6 months now (+/-5lbs), while not tracking food in over 4, and continuing to see stready improvement in all my lifts, and regularly fitting beer and oreos into my diet.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    On the path to achieving.

Used trial and error.

Too many words to keep it short so I'll leave it at that.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I'm 2 lbs from my goal (which I'll then adjust down another 8.5 lb). When weight goal is reached, I will work on fitness goals.

Ate the way I'm supposed to/amounts I'm supposed to eat, according to my doctors due to health conditions. Finally stopped being stubborn and realized SAD doesn't work for me.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm down 20lbs and maintaining using CICO.

Goals included a 10k PR (done), a triathlon (this weekend) and a half marathon (November).
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Yup-almost lost all the weight I gained and on my way to a bulk/cut later this year.

Food is a small part of my life now-I eat lots of awesome things and don't obsess anymore.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I can lose weight with CICO. I have also stayed on top of my fitness goals for five years. I have yet to be successful in maintaining my goal weight long term.

I have 3 pounds left to lose and then it's maintenance time again. Can't stop getting on the scale weekly. That's the key for me.
  • Mgtei
    Mgtei Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes, on the path every day.

Lost 6lbs/3kgs so far (day 10, so obviously won't stay this fast a rate, still, yay).

CICO/tracking as accurately as I can every day (I'm getting a digital scale, promise!)

Goal is to exercise smart/persistent/sane daily habits including rest days that will control my blood sugar spikes and improve my mental health.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Largely yes with a little side of no.

50 pounds down from my highest weight of 204 last year using CICO. I've gone from having highly erratic cycles due to PCOS to being back on track with only a few days fluctuation here and there. And likely avoided having to take Metformin in the process which is a HUGE win for me.

Lately though I've been falling back into some of my old habits, but the difference is I don't let one day slide into the next and then it all snowballs to the point of no return. I openly admit a day has been a total crap-fest and then I focus on the next day being better. While I've not totally nailed the always being moderate and using self control aspect, I acknowledge it and move on which for me is equally as important.

I've got 9 pounds to go before I'm at goal, which is the same weight I was when DH and I began dating almost 10 years ago. :)
  • gonettie2015
    gonettie2015 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes. 17 weeks ago I set out to lose a pound a week and started logging. I have lost 19 pounds so far. Sometimes I get frustrated that the loss isn't going faster but I need to stop those thoughts and realize it's happening just as I should expect. Some of the frustration is that the weight loss was going faster at the beginning and now that I'm more than halfway to goal, it's going a little slower.

Another measure of success for me is that I have never really lost weight before, just a pound or two here and there (not that I ever tried very hard) . It was a slow accumulation over years of having children, trying to feed everyone good food, but not really paying attention to the effects of grazing.

35 pounds accumulated - but that was over almost 30 YEARS! When I don't compare myself to others here and I look at my own history & future with food & exercise, pounds lost measured in WEEKS is fantastic! And I'm set on those pounds being gone forever. :smile:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I didn't really start out planning to lose weight. The goal was to *try to* improve my health by improving my diet. The weight loss just started happening, so it got added as a goal, lol.

I'm down 83 pounds and still going.

My diet is healthy, but could be better balanced. I'm am healthier. I'm not done losing, but I expect to finish. So, I guess I'd call it "successful."
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    So far.

CICO, baby!
    Lost 14lbs, another 14lbs to go and doing it in a sustainable way with a mild deficit!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Successful- my original goal was to lose 30 lbs and I have lost 24 now. Life and health improved.
    On my way still- I reset my goal and want to try to lose about 30 more lbs.
    CICO, patience, not cutting out foods, moderate exercise
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm on the way, I just want to look cut

Step one: lost 55lbs - Check

Step Two - maintain weight loss for a few months to ensure weight stability (Currently)

Step Three - very slowly add muscle

Optional -Step Fourth - lose another 10lbs after adding muscle
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Yes, but slower than I would like.

It's taken me 3 years to lose 90 lbs, but hey! I've lost 90 lbs!

CI/CO and a handful of exercise (cardio and weights).
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yes, until just recently.

I lost 66 pounds in about 10 months with CICO (moderation/flexibility) and a HUGE increase in activity.

Recently I've slowed WAY WAY WAY down with about 15 pounds to goal. This is apparently normal, so ask again in 4 weeks and I'll tell you whether I'm still feeling successful.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    <
    On the path, and successful with it. I am also most definitely making huge improvements with managing my medical conditions.