Females only (sorry guys!)

Options

Replies

• Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. When I got weighed last week I was at 69.6 kg on the day my period started. I always feel bloated when I'm on my period so my pants were also quite tight. Now, one week later, the pants feel loose.
    I'm not sure how much I weigh at the moment but at least it feels like less than before. (Also, was at about 68.8 kg before last week and my best bet is that I didn't gain the difference in muscle this quickly.)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Up to seven, but then I'm not careful to limit sodium in my diet or anything like that
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm going to throw a curve ball here. The week I'm starting, I'm at my lowest. The week of, I'm stable. The following week, I'm at my highest. Strange, but, yup, that's me.
    I think the few days before, I have better bm's ( I know, TMI). But, that's how I've come to look at it.
    Now, because I'm 50, and perimenapausal, I'm often way off on timing. Frustrating!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I weigh every day as well. I gain anywhere from 3 to 5 pounds immediately before, losing it after day 1 of the dreaded visit of Flo. Sometimes around mid-cycle I'll gain a pound or two which goes away within 3 or 4 days. It used to really frustrate me (ok, so maybe 'enrage' might be a better descriptor). But once I hit maintenance, I realized that's just how my body works and I needed to get over myself. We women be nuts sometimes (some of us, anyway - of which I will fully admit I am one of the nutty ones).
  • kellyshell215
    kellyshell215 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Normally 1-3kilos (2-6lbs)
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    3-5 for me, it sticks around for about a wk and a half
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    i gain about 10lbs but thats mainly vodka, gotta cope somehow
  • loves2bemommy
    loves2bemommy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey. I have a similar question when you first started to get active and loosing weight . Did anyone else cycle get off?? Like symptoms but no actual cycle? ?
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Hey. I have a similar question when you first started to get active and loosing weight . Did anyone else cycle get off?? Like symptoms but no actual cycle? ?

If you're on BC it typically (meaning "not always," certainly) happens if you're on a super-aggressive diet/exercise plan.

If you're not, then it's a bit of a wild card. When I wasn't on it, and made an honest attempt at weight loss for a couple of months, it did disrupt it. I've been on BC since the beginning of this effort though and it's never been disrupted.

They usually say not to worry about it until the cycle's been interrupted for a few months. This is, of course, assuming you don't have any other underlying health issues that might be connected to your TOM.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    slhall0822 wrote: »

Ladies, I'm curious, how much "water" weight do you generally gain during your cycle?

I gain 2-5 lbs in the week (or even two) before. The TOM water weight and any additional fat weight I've successfully lost in that time usually "woosh" out a couple of days after it starts.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Probably 3-5 pounds now.

When I was fatter, it was more like .5 pounds. As I've gotten leaner it has increased.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    amazon35 wrote: »
    3-5 for me, it sticks around for about a wk and a half

Me, too.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm on the pill right now and I retain water like crazy until my placebo week where I pee about 3-4 lbs of water during the week. It's pretty consistent so I don't think it's messing up my weight tracking over time the trend is still downward.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i gain about 10lbs but thats mainly vodka, gotta cope somehow

looool Clever fellow.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    4-7 pounds. Sucks when it's coming, but is great when it ends!
  • JekkaG
    JekkaG Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 3-5lbs the week before if I don't watch my sodium intake. It's usually gone by day 2; day 1 if I drink more water than I normally do.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    5 pounds or more for me. I have gone up as much as 7 pounds overnight about a week before and the weight holds on until about 3 days into my period
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    These days 0-2 lbs. In the past up to 5 lbs. it goes away when my period is over.
    I pay more attention to things like sodium these days.
  • skinnyminnyme80
    skinnyminnyme80 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    nomad5326 wrote: »
    Doesn't embarrass us anymore! Besides, who doesn't like tomatoes in season? ;-)

Hahahaha!
  • x7x7x7x
    x7x7x7x Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For some reason (not that I'm complaining!) I don't gain water weight before my period. I wasn't a daily weigher until I hit maintenance so things could have been different before I lost weight/while I was losing weight.