Do you consider yourself successful in achieving, on the path to achieving, your goals?

Replies

• dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Yes.

Down 54 lbs since the end of September and holding steady since early June so it's time to take the leap of faith and switch to maintenance. Accomplished it by CICO (okay, and loading up on cardio so I could have more CI :D .)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Up until about four months ago, yes. But since then, stress eating has taken over and I'm 7-8 pounds off my low.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    On path to goal.
    Lost lots of weight in 9.5 months (260 to 192.6, or 67.4 lbs).
    Goal is 160 "diet" weight or 165 "normal" weight after the usual post-diet water gain from glycogen repletion etc.
    I used the "eat less food" method.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Definitely on the path to achieving my goals.

I average .5/1 lb per week loss when I'm accurately logging my intake, and I'm happy with that.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Yes. Heres the thing. Ive lost 122 pounds and I must confess....I DONT MEASURE ANYTHING>>>>(hiding in the corner waiting for someone to shout that its impossible to lose un less you measure and weigh everything) But Move more eat less...works for me
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Yes..55 pound loss maintained for 8 years. I yoyo around with about 15 pounds but always seem to know what needs to be done to get it under control. I am a fat person in a thin persons body and like most I have to work at it. Right now I am experimenting with getting to a very low weight...kinda trying it on to see if the benefits outweigh the costs.

I have to confess and hide in the corner....I don't measure accurately..but my weight loss is right in line with the calories that I track.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Up until about four months ago, yes. But since then, stress eating has taken over and I'm 7-8 pounds off my low.

Two steps forward, one step back. You'll get there in the end if you don't give up (so don't). :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    On the path.

Reducing carbs and increasing protein makes it easy for me to eat at a deficit.

Innumerable benefits to exercise.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    So far yes.
    I'm 2.3 lbs away from the goal I set way back when. Possibly 8.3 lbs away from a second goal (haven't decided).

I'm down 127.7 lbs from my highest adult weight. It's taken a little over 3 years, but that's ok.

I'd say the biggest success for me was losing 90 lbs, finding out I was pregnant, gaining 40 lbs back during pregnancy and going straight back into calorie counting/exercise as soon as I got the ok from my doctor.

CICO (moderation/flexible dieting) has been my method of choice. :drinker:
  • BrianaDuBois
    BrianaDuBois Posts: 48 Member
    On the path.
    Down 25. 30 more to lose. Only 2lb away from a "healthy" weight. Then moving into recomp.
    Cardio. Cardio. Cardio. That's my happiness, though I'll have to get over my fears and venture into the lifting section for recomp.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Partly successful, partly on the path.

When I started I decided to make my goal 120, because that would be 100 lbs, as well as my lowest adult weight. I got to 125 in early February and, more significantly, fit in all my smallest clothes from my lowest weight, so I'm happy enough and was tired of losing so decided to focus even more on some fitness goals.

I'm about to get back to losing that final 5 lbs or so.

The reason I say partly on the path has nothing to do with the 5 lbs, but simply the fact that I need to maintain for longer and work through some of the issues that do recur.

How? mindful eating, counting calories, focusing on exercise and fitness.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    I'm on the path.
    At a decent weight, but need to build more muscle/lose fat (so Recomping, while lifting weights).
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Yes.
    Used MFP.
    Short 'nuf?
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    I've lost 36 pounds easily since April.

I have 89 more pounds to go to reach goal weight and I am more determined than ever before.

I have used CICO. I am a whole foods eater but I've always been that way so I honestly consider that irrelevant to weight loss that's just something I do because I like simple foods. CICO is all that really counts.

To me the secret to weight loss is determination. Those that continue will succeed. Just keep going.
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Definitely on the path! 29lbs down, almost halfway to my first goal. CICO is taking the weight off, my relatively newfound love of pushing myself in the gym is giving me strength, confidence, and so many new goals to work towards.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Yes. I do struggle a little with pateince, but for the most part yes, I'd say I'm successful.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Very successful. Still on the path.

Down from 253.5lbs to 176.5lbs so far, since Jan 4th 2015.

Waist down from 50" to 36".

BMI down from 51.8 to 36.1.

I lose about 2lbs a week being under 5 feet tall and eating 1400-1450kcal.

No longer prediabetic.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Successfully on the path. All the trends are in the right direction, on or ahead of the predicted timeline.
  • saggyandbaggy
    saggyandbaggy Posts: 138 Member
    yes, 128 lbs down in eleven months - have reached my original goal and am losing a little more. Simply weigh and log everything that goes in your mouth!