Worst fear?

Options

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I guess my fear is that since I've seen almost no results physically after losing 50 lbs (not wearing smaller clothes, etc) that even at my goal weight I'll still be huge. I mean if 50 lbs isn't noticeable - 30 more isn't going to make a dang bit of difference. However, I do know that even if I am huge I'll be more healthy and it will be worth it.
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    regaining the weight
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    When I am finally at goal, what will I blame my life problems on then? Lol. <<<kinda true but I also worry about looking older in my face.
  • beachykeen81
    beachykeen81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Gaining it back after all those months (or years, really) of hard *kitten* work. Having spent all that money on PTs and given up so many social outings and put stuff like dating on hold for so long to keep my focus and having it all be for nothing. I will probably be afraid of that forever.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    People with relatively small heads. Like pea-heads.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That by the time I get back to my goal weight (for the third time) I will have lost heaps of muscle mass.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Nothing at all.

Fear is....

False
    Evidence
    Appearing
    Real
  • midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Nothing at all.

Fear is....

False
    Evidence
    Appearing
    Real

Within reason maybe. But I think it'd be real pantspissing fear if a masked man wielding a chainsaw broke into my house.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Gaining back the weight and not being able to say when I'm done losing (that I'll keep lowering my goal weight) because I've been in this weight loss mindset for so long.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    midpath wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Nothing at all.

Fear is....

False
    Evidence
    Appearing
    Real

Within reason maybe. But I think it'd be real pantspissing fear if a masked man wielding a chainsaw broke into my house.

That would not be fear, but....

terror288.jpg

......and I have no acronym for that. :D

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    jvamanos wrote: »
    im curious as to what people are scared of in regards to their weight and weight loss. My worst fear, which I know will happen as I'm already seeing it, is that when I finish losing body fat, I'm going to have horrible excess skin! Any ideas on how I can reduce this without surgery?

That is my worst fear as well, I have talked to a lot of people who have lost a lot of weight plus I have read up on it. This is what I have been told. Lose weight slowly, this helps your skin "catch up" Drink lots of water, weight train and it can take up to two years after you have reached your goal weight for your skin to "catch up". Have also been told and read that applying coconut oil can also help. Now all this still doesn't mean you won't have this problem. Some people don't have a problem with this and others do. Everyone is different. I know I will some problem areas but I am hoping it's not to bad. Best of luck on your journey.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Weightloss: That I may inadvertently send the wrong message to my kids -- especially my daughter.

In general: bleeding that makes noise
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Getting back into my old habit of not eating for long periods of time. Right now I cannot think of any other fears.
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The lose skin is a fear but even more than that it's the truly terrifying idea of getting tired and saying 'the hell with it.' That's got to be what scares me the most.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    jvamanos wrote: »
    im curious as to what people are scared of in regards to their weight and weight loss. My worst fear, which I know will happen as I'm already seeing it, is that when I finish losing body fat, I'm going to have horrible excess skin! Any ideas on how I can reduce this without surgery?

Fear- That I will die right after I reach my goal weight so I won't get to enjoy it.
    Other than that I'm not scared of anything regarding weight loss.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Weightloss: That I may inadvertently send the wrong message to my kids -- especially my daughter.

In general: bleeding that makes noise

that seems fair, actually
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    related to fitness, not so much weight loss - i'm afraid of my chronic injuries never healing, and of acquiring even more injuries because i don't know what my limits are and no one can tell me, and gradually losing more and more mobility & function & access to fun things and possibly necessary life things (like work)
  • DrunkInAGolfCart
    DrunkInAGolfCart Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've never told anyone this before but the totally honest answer would be that I'm a bit terrified that I'll still be ugly when I lose all my weight. I looked good as a slim 20 year old but that was years ago. I'm two years off thirty so damn, it's gonna be crushing if I look like an old, saggy baggy skinny person.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    My biggest fear is that I will fall back into old habits...

I second this....I've lost150 lbs on MFP & am maintaining right now (former yo yo dieter so old habits/re gaining is a genuine fear).

I lucked out in the loose skin dept thankfully, as I've been heavy since a teen, but I'd rather have saggy skin than be on meds for hypertension, type 2 and cholesterol issues (off all 5 meds and no longer carry those diagnoses).
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Excess skin here too. So far I've been quite lucky that my tummy has snapped back into place but under my arms look quite bad with excess skin now at 24lbs down and I have another 40 to go!