Fitness programs

Options
looking for friends that want to talk about fitness and different fitness programs.

Replies

• indyrunning
    indyrunning Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Love talking fitness programs!
  • kelleyjhale
    kelleyjhale Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Which ones do you do?
  • rosestring
    rosestring Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am starting Blogilates by Cassey Ho. Okay, so I have only done one day, but she has free fitness calendars that change each month on her website. Along with that, she has a beginner's calendar that tells you what you need to do each day for a month. There are also plenty of recipes. All of this for free!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Jaime Eason's Live Fit program. I loved it and highly recommend it.
  • indyrunning
    Options
    Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 is worth looking into if you are interested in lifting!
  • indyrunning
    Options
    Blogilates is funny! She cracks me up! But her online calendar for the ab challenge this month is free. Also, TravelStrong website has an EFFECTIVE 30 day squat challenge with levels.
  • clairebeth8
    clairebeth8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have had a lot of success using Jillian Michaels DVDs. I've done 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Body Revolution, and a bunch of others. Add me if you want!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I've done Wendler 5/3/1, Stronglifts 5x5 and P90X 1, 2 & 3. I enjoyed them all and got results from each. Right now I'm on a program called the LRB Template (Lift, Run, Bang) written by a guy named Paul Carter and love it. Depends on what type of stuff you like to do.
  • kelleyjhale
    Options
    Awesome! I haven't heard of most of those programs. How are the results
  • XavierNusum
    Options
    It depends on the goals. I really had great results, weight loss, with all of the P90X programs but nutrition has to be really good. I got great strength gains with 5/3/1, strong lifts and currently have hit personal bests on all three powerlifts using Lift-Run-Bang. It really depends on your goals and equipment you have access to.
  • kelleyjhale
    Options
    I definitely agree with you. I tend to drop the ball on the nutrition piece, but can stick to the workouts pretty consistently.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm a Beachbody Junkie. doing 21 Day fix now, Extreme after vacation, may do Cize after that. I LOVE Love Combat... kicking and punching relieves my stress! T25 P90X3..... yes.. addicted.
  • gman69mab
    gman69mab Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    P90x T25 and P90x3 here. I'm looking at Body Beast. I think the diet guides are the best. I like the portion approach. I don't like counting calories.
  • ediewharton
    ediewharton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started out with the 21 day fix workouts and then moved onto various popsugar fitness workouts and cafe moms studios. I am on day 9 on the 30 day shred and so far, love it. I plan on moving to ripped in 30 next.
  • kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am doing a Fitness Blender program and I'm really enjoying it. Quick, easy, burns and the exercises aren't the typical ones I've done in other programs. =)
  • kelleyjhale
    Options
    I do their five minute butt one daily and love it
  • XavierNusum
    Options
    I definitely agree with you. I tend to drop the ball on the nutrition piece, but can stick to the workouts pretty consistently.

I think this is most of us :p It's all about consistency and finding a plan (nutrition and fitness) that can keep you going. That's why I'm not doing any of the P90X series right now. I got bored and frustrated, if that's possible. There were a lot of things I couldn't do well because I lacked the strength and some things that were too easy. So I broke camp and decided to work on my weaknesses in a different way, powerlifting in a caloric surplus. "Training" as opposed to exercising has kept me motivated. Now that I've set and crushed several strength goals, now I'm thinking of going back to P90x3 for my cut.
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I like strong curves,stronglifts,insanity,im on week two of bikini body guide workout not to sure how im feeling about this one yet im thinking i need to back to insanity i miss shaun t telling me to push thru lol
  • kelleyjhale
    Options
    I like to hybrid both of those programs together. I like the weight parts of p90x3 and the pushing part of insanity. It seems to work fairly well as a hybrid
  • Gr84cstr
    Gr84cstr Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Completed P90X, Insanity, P90X3, and Body Beast. I really enjoyed P90X3 and right now I am doing Body Beast (again) while training for a half marathon.