It's my time!!

Options
Hello!

I'm Shannon, I'm a food addict. In fact, I'm a recovering binge eater and laxative user. My first binge was when I was about 8 years old during a argument my parents were having. And so started my new way of coping.

I was raised by two people who seemed like they had everything going for them on the outside, but they were actually not as they seemed. They decided to adopt me when I was 10. I was emotionally abused and so were the other kids that were adopted. They had a hold on me that I can't even explain to this day, I knew something was off and so I turned to food. When I was in high school, I started figuring out what was off and started trying to control my eating. Thus began 10 years of yo-yo dieting and only gaining weight.

I moved out when I was 20, but it wasn't far enough away, they still controlled me. So when I turned 21 I moved to Chicago to be with my high school boyfriend and then when we were 23 we moved to Los Angeles. When I was 24 I slowly started to work on my past and try and overcome my binge eating, it back fired and the abuse continued. I started taking laxatives to try and control the binges.

I got engaged to my wonderful high school sweetheart just before I turned 25! Again, I tried working on things with my adoptive parents and again it didn't work. I had to cut off all communication, it was tough. They stalked me and called me a liar, but I stood fast.

Now as my 26th birthday passed me by and my upcoming wedding approaches, I realized I still continue to let them control me even without them in my life physically. I'm constantly living my life on the sidelines. I'm not doing that anymore, I'm reaching out to get help (from a therapist (soon, hopefully)) and from anyone that I can.

It is MY TIME!! I need to be taking time for myself and I shouldn't wait any longer! From my highest weight I had 100 pounds to lose, I now have about 85 pounds and I am feeling ready to hit the gym and control my eating a bit more.

I signed up for the gym and I am getting things in order to start on Sunday as well as planning out food.

Please feel free to friend me, I would like people that like to encourage and check in on me, I will do the same back :D

Replies