am i loosing too fast??

Options
hi all

i have joined mfp 30 days ago and so far i lost 4kg. seems like too quick
bit of my background. 34 female. 5'2 height. my normal weight pre pragnancy was 48kg and i want to be there again. after pregnanvy i was on 65 kg. before using mfp i was on strictly protein diet for about 2 months and lost 7 kg and then stuck at 57kg for about 2 months. then i started using mfp and included lots of carb in my diet. i m already in my bmi range and wasnt expecting to shift weight as quickly as its showing. should i be worried that one day suddenly it will come back?? anyway i m just loosing weight and no way near to fit my old clothes. ATM my weight is 53 kg. i lost 1kg per week roughly.
my calories intake is 1200 with no apparent exercise.
thanks for reading and posdible suggestion
thanks for reading

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    How long ago did you have your baby? With my first 2 kids the weight came off pretty fast for about the first 6 months post partum.
  • rubyandmani
    rubyandmani Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    he is 7 months today.i m happy that i m loosing but when i see people struggling to loose a tiny bit. i get worried.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    There is no reason you cannot lose 2.2lb (1kg) a week. You have an artificial body weight to some extent because of the pregnancy so its quite possible that your body would normalize at a lower weight without doing anything special. Its also likely that as you get closer to 48kg that the weight will come off much slower so enjoy the ride now.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    he is 7 months today.i m happy that i m loosing but when i see people struggling to loose a tiny bit. i get worried.

You are one of the lucky ones that everyone loves to hate :). As long as you are getting enough nutrients, have enough energy and feel good I don't see a problem. My little guy is 8 months, they are so much fun around this age. Congrats :).
  • rubyandmani
    rubyandmani Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thanks janjunice. yeah, they are fun. I put my lifestyle sedentary but I always running around him and tired all the time
    my way of life was/is healthy,,nothing to do with me,,my parents were very strict towards this. I didn't develop any taste for any drink or icecream. chocolate is very limited though I like cakes, sweets
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    As long as your hair isn't falling out and your nails haven't stopped growing, I'd say you're fine.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    There is no reason you cannot lose 2.2lb (1kg) a week. You have an artificial body weight to some extent because of the pregnancy so its quite possible that your body would normalize at a lower weight without doing anything special. Its also likely that as you get closer to 48kg that the weight will come off much slower so enjoy the ride now.

Her weight in pounds is 125 so she most definitely shouldn't lose 2.2 pounds a week.
  • Vanyahiril
    Vanyahiril Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Are you breastfeeding, by chance? The estimation on that is 250-500 calories a day.
  • ediewharton
    ediewharton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others say- post partum weight has a tendency to come off quickly (well, for some).
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It tends to come off pretty quickly at first and then slow down, so ENJOY IT while it lasts.

There is nothing wrong we losing weight quickly. The only possible issue is that the person might be eating too little to achieve a fast weight loss. if you're eating enough that you feel strong and can power through your day, it's just not an issue. If you're tired or weak...or if you get so bad that you're dizzy!...then you need to think about eating more.

But if you're healthy, strong and eating enough, I wouldn't worry about it one little bit.

Be happy. It doesn't come off really fast like that for long, :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    With 7 pounds to lose 2.2 pounds a week is high. Why not try for 1 pound and eat more?