When do you face the scale?

Options
13»

Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I been facing the scale every morning for a week now with no change. I wont be weighing myself because iam going on a 2 week vacation.I was thinking about carrying my scale with me but nah.. Vacation is vacation iam not getting caught up in scale numbers..
  • New_Life85
    New_Life85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weight second thing in the morning on Mondays and Thursdays. I started weighting myself everyday but was getting too annoyed with weight fluctuations... I still cannot convince myself to go down to once per week.
    I take my measures, though, once per week on Mondays in the morning.
  • elkhunter7x6
    elkhunter7x6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My official way day is Monday morning, but the second thing I do every morning is weigh. I just like analyzing the data.
  • Trackingsmith
    Trackingsmith Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm so surprised to read that a lot of you are weighing yourselves daily. I would guess that a lot of people would argue against it because of weight fluctuations. I might try it for a bit though. Thanks for your input guys!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Most every day. And night. Lets me know when it's time to dial it back a notch. Or bump it up a bit .
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm so surprised to read that a lot of you are weighing yourselves daily. I would guess that a lot of people would argue against it because of weight fluctuations. I might try it for a bit though. Thanks for your input guys!

I tend to weigh daily because of fluctuations. Otherwise, how will I know if the number is high, low or average? I figure the more data points I have the better.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    midpath wrote: »
    I do it every morning after the whiz ritual. I like seeing the squiggly line on my chart when I log every day.
    me too

• Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself all the time, like no joke, more than 10x a day like I was really going to see a change.lol. But after initially gaining weight when I started working out and then dedicating myself to this whole fitness journey and reading others advice, I stopped and weighed like once a week and because I stuck to my diet and exercise and always had a calorie deficit I knew there was no way the scale would go up, plus my reflection in the mirror and my clothes getting more loose was better than any drop in the scale, but I'm not gonna lie as soon as I started seeing the weight drop week after week I kinda went back to the daily weigh ins...not sure why, I guess I just wanted to make sure I was never going back lol.
  • Bhlinebee
    Bhlinebee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    First, or second, thing in the morning, every morning.
    This

Naked, before eating/drinking anything, and after going to the bathroom!

Me too!
  • kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday morning after a relaxing sit.
  • cococraze24
    cococraze24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weight myself first thing in the morning and sometimes before I.go to bed, but I.only record/log the results from my morning weigh.in
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Every day, after peeing. I use Trendweight.com to calculate the exponentially smoothed moving average, which is the really useful data.
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I TRY to weigh once a week. But if I feel like I have done badly with my eating I may weigh the next morning just to check! Right now I'm loving my scales bc the number is going down but I know soon it will start slowing down. :(
  • btkennett
    btkennett Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself immediately following my morning run every day. Yes. I understand.....I'm dehydrated. It's a ridiculously low reality. I get it. But it makes me feel better. And I'm consistent about it, so I'm truly tracking the trend. But hey....I had 85 pounds to lose. I need motivation. I'm down 46 since April, so I do what I do.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I know that isn't for everyone but it helps keep me motivated.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Every morning

At the end of every long bike ride if it is hot to gauge how much water to drink

I record Saturday mornings, LBM, fat %, water %

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Every day, sometimes 2 or 3 times.
  • meulf6f
    meulf6f Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Every day. I follow a strategy to keep the scales as close to accurate as possible.

1. Fast for my bedtime hours (including
    water)(I try for 8 hours)
    2. When I wake I empty bladder & bm.
    3. I calibrate scales and weigh naked.