Tired of having a "Mom Bod"

Options
I am a writer as well as the 40 year old mother of four (17, 14, 11, and 6). I basically gained 25 pounds with each one of them. I lost 50 pounds last year on my own with just walking and cutting out sugary drinks. I completely stalled and started gaining so I am here to redouble my effort by learning to eat right and exercise.

I am setting a goal for a 5k in September and a Wanderlust fest soon after. I am learning to run and want to add yoga and meditation to the mix.

I live in the Los Angeles area and work from home. Terminal misanthropy keeps my circle of friends small but I am hear to join a supportive community.

Replies

• Dansgirl4910
    Dansgirl4910 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have accepted I have a "mom bod" but... I'm going to make it the healthiest one I can. I know I'll never have the body of a woman who has not had children but I'm ok with that!! You are beautiful! Never forget it <3:*
  • SquatNSparkle
    SquatNSparkle Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    mom bods ARE beautiful but I fought the stereotype too...heavy lifting and a (mostly) healthy diet. And a little help from a great doctor once I got as far as I could on my own. ;) NO REGRETS.
  • Survival_is_Insufficient
    Options
    You guys have great energy and reminded me the importance of accepting yourself. I look forward to be on this journey with you all!