Before I buy --info on fat burners

Options
2»

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    They don't work. What works is that the user is now following some form of a routine. My diary is open so you can verify my experience.

I work in pharmacovigilance and about the same time I decided to start training again I got a free supply of Hydroxycut to review. I took 2 pills at breakfast and 2 at lunch from July-Dec 2015. The only real effect I felt was from the 16oz of water I took with the pills. I was already used to caffeine, so did not experience any of the adverse events many report. My weight loss has been on a fairly steady state, but I increased the intensity of my workouts and saw the greatest impact on weight loss and body composition.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Save your money and buy a treadmill.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    OP, thanks for actually listening to feedback! It seems to be a rarity these days.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Save money, and don't buy into scams.

Lol I will
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise. No magic.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »
    Save your money and buy a treadmill.

Have one and prefer the gym but I think I'll buy new workout clothes instead...
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Options
    Thanks everyone .. Guess we are all on same page
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Options
    Diet and exercise. No magic.

I know ..
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    lisa68XX wrote: »
    Hey community needed info ..I'm doing well in my lifestyle change but I was thinking of adding a woman's fat burner .. Wanted your thoughts opinions any info would be appreciated .. I know pills aren't a solution so don't think that .. I'm looking for that lil extra burn with no side effects .. Thanks in advance ..

If you want a "burner" the best one is taking the amount of money you were going to spend and light it on fire.

In other words- waste of money.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome op!!!! This is a great example of listening to awesome advice!! Good luck!!!!! Happy clothes shopping!!!!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    OP, just move more and eat less. If you want caffeine to shake and rattle you into eating less, the go for it. I personally don't like nervous energy :smile:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone .. Guess we are all on same page

:smiley:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Don't bother. The money would be better spent on a gym membership, fresh produce, or someone to follow you around and slap the cookies out of your hand.

Nothing against cookies here, I love them, I just need less of them, which I suspect is a problem for many of us.

Kinky...

• KeishaRenee8
    KeishaRenee8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been taking slimquick pills and the protein powder for a few days now and I am not hungry.....like ever. So as far as eating less food it does help with that. Too soon to tell with the other stuff. It does sometimes give me the bubble guts though!! :#:so:)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hey community needed info ..I'm doing well in my lifestyle change but I was thinking of adding a woman's fat burner .. Wanted your thoughts opinions any info would be appreciated .. I know pills aren't a solution so don't think that .. I'm looking for that lil extra burn with no side effects .. Thanks in advance ..

Nah, don't go there. if you want a natural fat burner, eat at a calorie deficit and add in some exercise such as weight lifting.

It all starts in the kitchen. :)