Looking for support

Options
Hi, I've been on MFP since 2012 and have been batteling my weight all my life. I've joined the gym (a month ago) and started eating healthier (about 2 months) but the weight is SLOWLY coming off. I have lost about 13lbs and have 70lbs to go....it's a long slow difficult journey. I'm 28 and like to read, watch movies, dance, and hang out with family and friends. I'm ready to be healthier, I just need to stay motivated.

Replies

• hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    13 pounds in 2 months is fantastic. Remember it's just calories in versus calories out. The more weight you lose you'll start to notice the slower it will come off. It's just math. 3500 calories is one pound--meaning you have to eat 3500 calories less in a week to lose a pound--and on a 1500 to 1200 calorie a day diet that becomes hard to do--(due to the math).

But you eventually get there. I have been at goal weight for some time now, it took me a long time to get here, and I learned to be estastic with a pound loss, then a 1/2 then 1/4 pound loss a week. But it happens if you stick with it.

Good luck to you
  • mzporter810
    mzporter810 Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @hearthwood Thank you for your words of encouragement, I really hate tracking calories but it seems like that's what I really need to start doing. Congratulations on your accomplishment, it's an inspiration to hear :smile: