Belly Wraps After Delivery

Options

Replies

• Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Omg! I said retract the whole uterus thing, I obviously stated it the wrong way. Have you used one? If not, I'm sure your advice will be irrelevant, thanks for turning my whole forum into a joke...
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about this, but I did have two babies over 30 years ago and both times, I got my belly flat again. Wise food choices and exercise did the trick.
  • Laurenjenai
    Options
    Thanks, I know it's possible because I have done it before myself without the Belly band, just curious about any testimonials with it.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Omg! I said retract the whole uterus thing, I obviously stated it the wrong way. Have you used one? If not, I'm sure your advice will be irrelevant, thanks for turning my whole forum into a joke...

That must be it.

I assure you I haven't turned anything into a joke.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I know it's possible because I have done it before myself without the Belly band, just curious about any testimonials with it.

You've done it before, you don't need to pour money into it now. All it does is hold the loose bits in to give you confidence until things tighten again. It does nothing else. It's like wearing spanx, it provides temporary body shaping with no long term impact.
  • Laurenjenai
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

You've done it before, you don't need to pour money into it now. All it does is hold the loose bits in to give you confidence until things tighten again. It does nothing else. It's like wearing spanx, it provides temporary body shaping with no long term impact.

Thanks for your thoughts...still torn. lol I guess if it doesn't work, it doesn't hurt anything but my pockets lol. I can't wait to show my own testimonial good or bad lol. I still have 4.5 months to go for that update though.

• Laurenjenai
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

That must be it.

I assure you I haven't turned anything into a joke.

:neutral:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thanks for your thoughts...still torn. lol I guess if it doesn't work, it doesn't hurt anything but my pockets lol. I can't wait to show my own testimonial good or bad lol. I still have 4.5 months to go for that update though.
    I'm just confused at how it's supposed to "work"

What would you be giving a testimonial about?

What would happen whether you used one or not is the same thing.

• Laurenjenai
    Options

Go Google it...simple, if you have no advice particular to the use of this product I have no response, Google will help u answer those questions, I love how the more I say I need responses about actual users I keep getting the opposite. :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Go Google it...simple, if you have no advice particular to the use of this product I have no response, Google will help u answer those questions, I love how the more I say I need responses about actual users I keep getting the opposite. :)

Wouldn't google help you answer your question, too?

I had a medical Velcro belly wrap after I had major abdominal surgery. I assure you it didn't shrink my belly/uterus/other stuff. It just held everything in place so I could heal.
  • Laurenjenai
    Options
    Yeah google did help me thanks for your concern but I am also a member of MFP that happens to have a forum to help me too :wink: seen testimonials, seen blogs, seen pins and more...most of which actually had positive results and testimonials, so now I'm getting more feed back. But for some reason instead of people offering useful testimonials good or bad, some want to be negative about my curiousity, some want to continue questioning why I want to know, and some actually helped, thanks to those who stuck to the question at hand.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So you went from caffeine, to pills and now wraps. LOL.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

tumblr_lnks9gkykk1qiw26m.gif
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    1) Why is this under success stories?

2) Uterus does what uterus wants. It will shrink back down on it's own because that's what it is designed to do.

/thread
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Post delivery wraps are not the same as a girdle, not even close. No squeezing. They're not that expensive, 35 to 150 - if you're interested give it a shot! The worst that happens is it makes you feel better!
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Have you checked reviews on Amazon? Those would mostly be people who bought them. I hope that your pregnancy and delivery goes well.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    Post delivery wraps are not the same as a girdle, not even close. No squeezing. They're not that expensive, 35 to 150 - if you're interested give it a shot! The worst that happens is it makes you feel better!

Translation: this doesn't do what OP thinks it does. And this post I quoted is from someone that has supposedly used it.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    With my first baby I went flat easily the second took longer the 3rd was quickest this I what I did I used MFP I walked alot until all clear to do more strenuous exercise and I drank water but more importantly I gave my body the time to adapt because healing is what your body does naturally. Time my dear dont rush something that takes time and enjoy being a mummy. My youngest daughter id 2 and I'm glad ive not rushed my skin id tightening and I'm getting stronger looking great. Bandages and wraps? Dont you have bigger priorities than a flat tummy like making sure you sleep enough eat right stay hydrated and exercise that is manageable I'm not being negative or mean just enjoy your baby and in good time the body adapts through dedication.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    MFP a is like Reddit. Everyone is an expert!

I've heard of this band. It supports your uterus after everything is loosened up down there. By securing it back where it was before birth, it's healing process is supposed to be faster. I'm not sure if it works, but it won't hurt to try!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!