Belly Wraps After Delivery

Options
Laurenjenai
Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
edited July 2015 in Success Stories
so this is my third pregnancy and I am very curious about belly wraps after delivery. I have seen many different kinds like the Belly Bandit, Bellefit, Shrinkx, and more. I have never used one before but I was wondering if anyone has and if it really made a difference. I have also heard that the golds gym waist trimmer that you buy at Walmart work similar to The expensive belly wraps. I have one of those and if it does work the same I'd rather not waste my money on buying an expensive Wrap. if you have any experience with this and have serious advice please feel free to share. thanks in advance.

Just to clarify I am referring to the bands, girdles, and wraps that help hold the Belly up after birth that claim to assist with getting the uterus back to its normal size, not the spa wraps that claim to help u lose inches by ridding water weight, hope this clarifies what I am talking about. Before and after pics would be great too! THANKS!

Replies

• robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I am confused... What are you hoping to accomplish with this wrap thing?
  • Laurenjenai
    Options
    Oh sorry, they say that it helps bring your uterus back to its original size faster, therefore your belly gets flatter faster after giving birth.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Belly wraps "work" by reducing the amount of water in the tissues. As soon as you take it off and drink a glass of water, you are right back where you started. It's a silly gimmick. The only way you will have the body you want is by counting calories and exercising. Many people don't like this message, but that's really it.
  • Laurenjenai
    Options
    Thanks I am more referring to one's like the Belly Bandit that help hold up your post pregnancy belly that claim to help get your uterus back to its normal size, not the wraps at spas that claim to help you lose weight and inches with every use. Hope this clarifies.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I like the bellefit, belly bandit is crap imo, it's short and rolls up and down. I can't contribute all of this to it, I have genetics on my side and I worked for it. It helps hold the loose skin in, it makes it more comfortable after delivery by compressing everything that is all loose, and much like compression garmets worn after liposuction, it helps the skin. This is after my fourth baby
    9o2xdf2w8f6b.jpg
    3331.jpg 768.4K
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    No external pressure will make your uterus shrink any faster than it naturally wants to. You may feel more confident with the wrap supporting your loose skin, but your uterus will shrink just fine on its own.
  • Laurenjenai
    Options
    Wow
    Jennloella wrote: »
    I like the bellefit, belly bandit is crap imo, it's short and rolls up and down. I can't contribute all of this to it, I have genetics on my side and I worked for it. It helps hold the loose skin in, it makes it more comfortable after delivery by compressing everything that is all loose, and much like compression garmets worn after liposuction, it helps the skin. This is after my fourth baby
    9o2xdf2w8f6b.jpg

Wow 12 days!? That looks awesome. Thanks for the advice and pics. I'm definitely getting one. See I lost sooooo much weight before my pregnancy and I want to get back to my pre prego body as fast as possible.
  • Jennloella
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    No external pressure will make your uterus shrink any faster than it naturally wants to. You may feel more confident with the wrap supporting your loose skin, but your uterus will shrink just fine on its own.

yeah this also, they really don't squeeze enough to affect your uterus.....
  • Jennloella
    Options
    Wow
    Jennloella wrote: »
    9o2xdf2w8f6b.jpg

Wow 12 days!? That looks awesome. Thanks for the advice and pics. I'm definitely getting one. See I lost sooooo much weight before my pregnancy and I want to get back to my pre prego body as fast as possible.

I ended up needing a size smaller than their size charts said, just fyi. It also helped the back pain I had been having.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
  • rushbabe0214
    rushbabe0214 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    No external pressure will make your uterus shrink any faster than it naturally wants to.

^ So much this.

• Laurenjenai
    Options
    so this is my third pregnancy and I am very curious about belly wraps after delivery. I have seen many different kinds like the Belly Bandit, Bellefit, Shrinkx, and more. I have never used one before but I was wondering if anyone has and if it really made a difference. I have also heard that the golds gym waist trimmer that you buy at Walmart work similar to The expensive belly wraps. I have one of those and if it does work the same I'd rather not waste my money on buying an expensive Wrap. if you have any experience with this and have serious advice please feel free to share. thanks in advance.

Just to clarify I am referring to the bands, girdles, and wraps that help hold the Belly up after birth that claim to assist with getting the uterus back to its normal size, not the spa wraps that claim to help u lose inches by ridding water weight, hope this clarifies what I am talking about. Before and after pics would be great too! THANKS!

Looking for those who HAVE ACTUALLY USED ONE and have testimonials.

Let me retract the whole uterus thing and just ask has anyone ACTUALLY USED and have any negative or positive results, thanks.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing this is one of those girdles you use after pregnancey to help recover faster from seperated abs..? I think those really do serve a purpose, many are also made so you can use them during pregnancy for support and then after to help you with posture and to start using your core correctly. I had separated abs and had to work hard to make it better, it takes time but you can do it without the girdle. It won't shrink the uterus though, the body takes care of that all on it's own. It's mainly to help with diastasis recti.
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've never used one, I don't think these were around 15 years ago, but I have heard from other women that have used them and they swear by them. However, I've also heard a few women say they simply went to the pharmacy and got an ace bandage or a compression brace and that worked too. They also said belly bandit was uncomfortable.
  • Laurenjenai
    Options
    AlyM725 wrote: »
    I've never used one, I don't think these were around 15 years ago, but I have heard from other women that have used them and they swear by them. However, I've also heard a few women say they simply went to the pharmacy and got an ace bandage or a compression brace and that worked too. They also said belly bandit was uncomfortable.

Yeah I heard the ace bandage thing too, but I think having a pull up one will be more convenient than wrapping everyday. Thanks for your reply.

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

Let me retract the whole uterus thing and just ask has anyone ACTUALLY USED and have any negative or positive results, thanks.

Most people won't ACTUALLY USE them because they are nonsense fad type items.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »

Most people won't ACTUALLY USE them because they are nonsense fad type items.

Oh, if only the "...people won't ACTUALLY USE them" were true. The wrap/band scammers are making a lot of money from these things. Sadly.

Snake oil will always be with us, I guess.
    Lol, I just read your avatar and pictured little calories jumping off and screeching noooooooooooooooo!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Wait wait. Back up. I'm still on the part where people entertain the idea that some band, a piece of stretchy cloth on the outside of the body, will somehow effect the uterus.

Can we...can we address that? Because...wow.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!