Not losing any more weight, loose skin and eating disorder?

For the past few months (about 6-7) my weight is stuck between 116-121 pounds (53-55 kilos). For my height (5 feet 2 inches or so ) it seems like a decent weight except it fluctuates so much! One would expect that at this point I have a flat stomach and toned thighs or that I look like a normal girl, but I don't!
This is stressing me so much that there are days that I don't eat.
Funnily enough, i workout at the gym (cardio and strength) for 90 minutes a day and in the evening go in for a stretching, aerobics and yoga routine. The skin does not tighten and my thighs do not give away.
I know, I am supposed to be happy with my progress, but I really wanted to get down to my target weight. How come there are so many people who are so effortlessly thin? I need help and I am getting stressed and I am worried that I may either binge or give up food all together if this continues.

Replies

• MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    edited July 2015
    It can take two years for skin to tighten.

Perhaps you need to ditch your "target weight" ideal and focus on building some muscle. This will help with the look of your body and your skin. There are many examples on here of women who reached their target weight as "skinny fat", but then switched to strength training, gained 10 lbs and dropped another dress size in the process, with the end result of looking so much better at the higher weight.

That goal weight that we stick in MFP when we first join is often misguided and sometimes over ambitious.

Sounds like it's time to adjust your goals before your thinking becomes entrenched. Not eating will not solve your problems.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Do heavy lifting.
    Find a qualified yoga teacher that you can work closely with.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    You're probably at your body's ideal weight.
    For tightening, you may need to concentrate more on the strength side of the cardio/ strength equation!
    Olympic athletes take years to get into the shape they are. So do the top body builders (if that's your thing)! So patience is key!
    Finally, sometimes it's more of a perception issue than real. Everyone else may be saying you look great, but you are focused on the fact that you don't! I'm not saying that's where you are at!
    But be on the Watch out for that - taken to the extreme can lead to food disorders, depression, etc!
    You're doing good, keeping an active lifestyle!
    Congratulations