Can't lose the belly fat

I'm 19, 5'6, and 130 pounds. I have been dieting and exercising every day for a month, but my belly hasn't budged a bit. I'm skinny everywhere else. I have skinny thighs and arms, and little back/side fat thanks to diet/exercise, but I have this huge bulge in front that makes me look pregnant. Well, I have a small bulge from just under my bra to my belly button, and a big one from there to my panties. Any advice on how to deal with it? I feel so frustrated and I can't bring myself to like what I see in the mirror.

Replies

• Sho0gy_D
    Sho0gy_D Posts: 108 Member
    Yeah, I have a similar problem too. I'm skinny everywhere else but the stomach area. If anyone out there knows how, please tell us!!
  • marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Try Jillian Michaels workouts the way she puts things together really worked wonders for me! After 2 pregnancies my stomach has flattened so much!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    You can't spot reduce. Keep in a calorie deficit and it will eventually go. It's down to genetics where you lose fat from, there's nothing you can do to make your body lose fat in certain areas.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    alyhuggan wrote: »
    You can't spot reduce. Keep in a calorie deficit and it will eventually go. It's down to genetics where you lose fat from, there's nothing you can do to make your body lose fat in certain areas.

This ^^^

I have lost most of the fat from my arms and legs, but my belly is taking forever to go down.

• nabamukhtar
    nabamukhtar Posts: 6 Member
    alyhuggan wrote: »

I was afraid of that... My mom also told me South Asians have belly fat genetically, but I really wish I could cut it down, or at least stop hating my body.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    At only 130lbs, it's probably not as big as you think it is. You're saying that your belly is 'huge', but this may be down to your perception of yourself, especially since you just said that you hate your body. Like alyhuggan said, you can't spot reduce. Just be sure not to become underweight, okay? Because it probably doesn't look as bad as you think :)
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    This is just my story, so don't take it to applying for everyone. Even when I was at 116 and a rock star in the gym, I had a four pack...and a pooch. When I look back at photos, I see I was in great shape! But my focus was always on that pooch in my stomach. I realize now that, outside of surgery, there was nothing I could do about it. I believe strongly that, while we can all look great, there may be some things we just can't change because of genetics, body makeup, etc. Same thing with my arms, always looking like I weighed 15 pounds more than the rest of me, and muscles just made them look bigger. Maybe that's where my body stores extra fat. Maybe my muscles down there are jacked. I'm not sure, but I do know when I get down to goal weight, I'm going to look AWESOME...with a poochy stomach, lol.