20lbs down and starting to see changes

Options
sammyantics
sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
At my heaviest, I was 223 (5'10, in my 20s) but i've been hovering between 205-218 for the last 3-4 years. Now I'm about 191, working out 3x a week (mostly strength training, free weights, some cardio) and eating at -30% of my TDEE. I'm loosing 1 1/2-2 lbs a week, gaining muscle definition, etc. My clothes are starting to get baggy and I finally found a before picture from 4/2013 when I was 210. thought I'd share a bit of my progress! I still have 16 lbs til i hit my first goal of 175, and then I'd like to get to 160 just to prove I can. Well, off to the gym!

Before: FEVszMK.jpg

After: WkvCFKy.jpg

Replies

• ebaba301
    ebaba301 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome! How much training do you do on those 3 days?
  • sammyantics
    Options
    Usually 25-30 minutes of mid intensity cardio and 45-60 of strength. I meet with a trainer for 1/2 hour every other month to learn new moves for what I want to target and mix them in to my routine
  • ToriJ84
    ToriJ84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
  • Happy0110
    Happy0110 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is a great story of patience and endurance! Thank you for sharing and your progress looks great!
  • sammyantics
    Options
    Happy0110 wrote: »
    This is a great story of patience and endurance! Thank you for sharing and your progress looks great!

Thanks so much! I know it's not a massive transformation yet, but I think it's important to celebrate the small victories too.

I took this pic yesterday.

kAppNc0.jpg

When I bought these jeans I was at 217 and could barely squeeze into them or move once they were on. Now they're falling off!
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    WTG !!! Keep up the good work!
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Great Job, you are looking fabulous! My highest weight was 220 I also hovered around 205-210 and now im weighing in at 194. Great feeling when the pants can bearly stay up. #ShoppingTime :lol:
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You go, girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!