Does anyone have any good kale recipes?

Options
sensiblesummer
sensiblesummer Posts: 12 Member
There was a coffee shop next to my old job that had the most delicious kale salad ever. I didn't know kale could taste so good until that moment. Since I moved, I've been borderline obsessed with trying new kale recipes from salads to sautés to even smoothies in order to reinvent the magic but I haven't really found anything I liked yet. If anyone has some kale recipes they would like to share I would appreciate it. And I'm up for anything so it doesn't have to be a salad or anything. Thank you :smiley:

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I like to sautee kale with some garlic for a delicious side dish. I also chop it and add it to casseroles, chilli, soups, gumbo, etc
  • tedioustrainingap
    tedioustrainingap Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    We drizzle it with olive oil and a pinch or two of salt. Baked on high for a few minutes, it makes interesting and relatively healthy crisps!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    When Kale exploded in my community garden a few years ago, I was scrambling to find recipes. I figured out that Kale is like a tougher spinach and the recipes, if Kale is either chopped fine or blanched, are interchangeable. So happy recipe hunting.

I made a mashed potato, onion and kale pancake that was pretty good.
  • 45Sofie
    45Sofie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So many delicious recipes on Pinterest, I love my kale sauteed with other veggies, in my soups, mixed salads, kale chips, i hear its great in smoothies as well, though i have not tried that yet. So many wonderful ways to prepare.
  • Phoenixlife75
    Phoenixlife75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to get fresh kale at my local Saturday market, wash, lay flat individual leaves on a cookie sheet & freeze. After frozen, I transfer them to a freezer bag. When I make soups, I have fresh kale available to throw in. I also found this Kale Waldorf salad...

1bunch kale
    1apple
    1pear
    3 stalks celery
    1/2 cup chopped nuts or pumpkin seeds (I use pumpkin seeds)
    1/2 cup dried apricots, figs, raisins or cranberries (I use cranberries)
    1/2 cup halved red grapes
    2 oranges cut into wedges

Dressing:
    1 cup raw cashews
    1/2 cup oj concentrate
    1/2 cup water
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1TBsp dijon mustard
    Pinch of salt
    Blend ingredients in processor & toss over salad.
    This recipe is a large quantity for a potluck & should probably be halved.

I was skeptical of the cashew, but it was really good. Kind of tastes like an orange Julius salad.Keeps exceptionally well for the next day too.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I love kale salads, as long as they're massaged in oil. No matter what the toppings are, it comes out amazing!
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sautéed kale paired with roasted sweet potato chunks, some dried cranberries and slivered almonds with red wine vinegar is heavenly!! Oh and red onion...and bacon if you really wish :)
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Bubble and squeak. Easy and yummy :)
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love using chopped up kale, dried cranberries, red onion and sliced almonds. Dressed with olive oil and lemon juice. I also sprinkle a little salt on top. It comes out soooooo good. :)
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I love kale with onion, grape tomatoes, and fresh garlic sauteed in a little olive oil or olive oil spray. Serve over whole wheat pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Delicious!
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    like bubble and squeak the dutch have boernkol stompot.. mashed potatoes with kale,, and i use turkey sausage instead of pork to lighten it up! i also make kale and banana/berry smoothies to take to work
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I like kale and potato soup. Soup seems to take all the bitterness out of it.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Kale, sweet potato and black bean chili. You can find a good recipe on epicurious