t 25 at 300+ lbs

Options
jessedcg
jessedcg Posts: 304 Member
Hello all I just wanted to share my experience with T 25 with some of you maybe looking to start it. I picked up T 25 some time ago around my heaviest at 340 lbs, I attempted to do it and could not physically do lots of the exercise. I gave up.. I picked it up again and again and little by little I was able to do the modify exercise included in the video. 44 lbs later I am able to do most of the modified exercise with ease and I even did my first quad stretch today!!!! Some of you might laugh at my excitement but when you are as big as I am its something difficult. If you are looking to do T 25 at 300 lbs DO NOT BE AFRAID!! Keep attempting and eventually you will succeeded. I am very excited to be able to do the non modified exercises but that with come with time. I can't wait to share pictures and compare the transformation <3 in the next few months. Good luck to all of you and don't give up. cd8ba0b44a15c10065fd-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.r23.cf1.rackcdn.cwdm34lewd5ca.jpg
om/mfp-en.vanillaforums.com/editor/4m/fg7avbkc14kw.jpg
576jew06fib2.jpg

Replies

• golgoroo
    golgoroo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!! Excellent work and you've inspired me to crack out my own t25 DVDs again.
  • iwantwow
    iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    congrats and keep going...i tried it last week but gave up...ur inspiration and i will start it again:)
  • jessedcg
    Options
    golgoroo wrote: »
    Yay for you!! Excellent work and you've inspired me to crack out my own t25 DVDs again.
    Yay dust that bad boy off!

• jessedcg
    Options
    iwantwow wrote: »
    congrats and keep going...i tried it last week but gave up...ur inspiration and i will start it again:)
    Thank you :) don't give up stick to Tonya the modifier in the video
  • ashleynwelter
    ashleynwelter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ever considered being a Beachbody Coach?
  • jessedcg
    Options
    Not sure what that consist of. Wouldn't I have to be fit? lol..sorry when I think of a coach I think of someone that does not look like me..
  • Korry2013
    Korry2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!! I'm going to start mine tomorrow. When I started it for the first time a year ago, I couldn't even keep up with Tonya!! One day at a time!! Keep up the great work!!
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! Good job!!!

My husband & I tried t25 together. He could not do it because at 240 lbs, he was too heavy for all that jumping. After a while, he had terrible knee & ankle pain. It also triggered shin splints. It messed him up, so please just be careful. (But we did go on to complete P90X together & he lost over 40lbs! Yay!)
  • cocnuts
    cocnuts Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's great!

Keep doing it and eventually it will get easier and easier, as the pounds fall. Plus you'll feel better and proud of your achivements :)
  • jessedcg
    Options
    I am very cautious with the jumping I know what I am capable of and whatnot am not. I do not push myself when it comes to jumping I stick to Tonya and she does very little jumping and low impact on the knees. I learned really quick that I am still a little too heavy to get on my knees ans jump around. I have hurt my knee recently and my foot from bot paying attention to my body limitation but now I am more in tune with myself. That is mt advice listen to your body.
    That's great!!! Good job!!!

My husband & I tried t25 together. He could not do it because at 240 lbs, he was too heavy for all that jumping. After a while, he had terrible knee & ankle pain. It also triggered shin splints. It messed him up, so please just be careful. (But we did go on to complete P90X together & he lost over 40lbs! Yay!)

• jessedcg
    Options
    Thank you
    cocnuts wrote: »
    Yes, that's great!

Keep doing it and eventually it will get easier and easier, as the pounds fall. Plus you'll feel better and proud of your achivements :)

• jessedcg
    Options
    Thank you. Good luck :)I wonder if they have a t 25 group here?
  • sop1love
    sop1love Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! It's hard to start out when you're bigger (I'm right there with you) but with modification, and persistence, things are possible!!! Keep it up!!!
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Girl Power. Keep up the good work.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    jessedcg wrote: »
    Not sure what that consist of. Wouldn't I have to be fit? lol..sorry when I think of a coach I think of someone that does not look like me..

It consists of you being a pawn in a pyramid sales structure where the person who recruited you gets money for awful products you sell to other suckers.

But I can see that you're no sucker, you're a badass!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Oooooh! I so WANT a like button! Congrats! I am also gentle with my knees and avoid the bounce.
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jessedcg
    Options
    Great job!

Thank you
  • Kjphotography90
    Kjphotography90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I started T25 and am on Day 3 today. I'm sore but super excited!
  • Dex37
    Dex37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what T25 is but congrats on working out.