Slow and Steady wins the race

Options
I have just completed my 7th week using my fitness pal. I started at 203 and now I am down to 188.4. 15 pounds down. Yeah! Some weeks I lost a lot; 6.6 pound my first week. Two weeks I gained 1 pound both during that magical time of the month. A couple of times I lost 0 pounds and the rest anywhere from 1-3 pounds. All of this eating approximately the same number of calories(1200-1300). There are definitely times I got discouraged but 7 weeks later I am going strong and logging has become a routine. This week I have added walking. There are other ways to lose weight more quickly but they are often not sustainable. It is a slow process but I look forward to the next 15 pounds off. I anticipate it will take about 3 months but I am on this journey for the duration. Good luck to everyone and feel free to add me.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Way to get it!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are doing it right!
  • x_AmandaJayne_x
    x_AmandaJayne_x Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You have such an amazing attitude!!!! This is something I am often reminding myself. Keep it up and you will be there before you know it! :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Good for you!

Keep up the good work. :)
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    mcahoon79 wrote: »
    I have just completed my 7th week using my fitness pal. I started at 203 and now I am down to 188.4. 15 pounds down. Yeah! Some weeks I lost a lot; 6.6 pound my first week. Two weeks I gained 1 pound both during that magical time of the month. A couple of times I lost 0 pounds and the rest anywhere from 1-3 pounds. All of this eating approximately the same number of calories(1200-1300). There are definitely times I got discouraged but 7 weeks later I am going strong and logging has become a routine. This week I have added walking. There are other ways to lose weight more quickly but they are often not sustainable. It is a slow process but I look forward to the next 15 pounds off. I anticipate it will take about 3 months but I am on this journey for the duration. Good luck to everyone and feel free to add me.

Well said. I wish everyone had the understanding that you have. But then again if they did we wouldn't have the comical threads that we get.
  • mjsimpson442
    mjsimpson442 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a great achievement.
  • troutgulch
    troutgulch Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Way to lose it!
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Great job! Here's to hoping you can hold on to your current reasoned attitude, when you get closer to the goal weight it can get frustrating. But you sound like you can do it!