Operation: 4th of July Challenge... Anyone feeling up to it?

Options

Replies

• NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • batorsbabe37
    batorsbabe37 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im in also!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Intro:

My name is Lena. I'm down 33 pounds so far. Would like to drop another 15 or so.....I think that this 5 week challenge will help me to stay on track. I just got back from a vacation, and am a bit out of my routine with both eating well and exercising. Hard to believe July 4 is only 5 weeks away!
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Kathy. I'm doing this challenge because my birthday (the big two one) is on the 13th and I would love to be at least 10 lbs lighter. I think it would be a great confidence booster!
  • janelora
    janelora Posts: 7
    Options
    i would like to join. I will turn 50 on 7/2, and if I have to be old, I can't be fat. Have lost 24 lbs so far. Would like to lose 10 more by the 2nd (or 4th)
    Starting weight 253.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Im in too!!
  • roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm in! When do we start? How do we start?

I am in maintenance mode, so shouldn't be losing too much/if any. Having said that, I need the accountablity.

Thanks! Hope I'm not too late..

:flowerforyou:
  • roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Introducing me...

I just had a birthday - I'm 54 years young now. I have lost 17 pounds, and am starting the maintenance portion of the program. I am the proud momma to 2 wonderful girls (23 and 27), and to 8 furry (feline) children. Spitfire is the one in my picture.

I just found out that I am gluten-intolerant - and it makes so much sense! I am feeling so much better these days (could also be the 17 pounds of ick that I lost).

Looking forward to the challenge! See you guys on Monday. Do we come back here, and post?
  • auri77
    auri77 Posts: 39
    Options
    I AM IN!!! :) very exiting! thats why i love this website.. everyone is so motivated and supportive !! LETS DO THIS :)
  • thinkingofblue
    Options
    Count me in!
  • JennieLeeAustin
    JennieLeeAustin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm definately in. I usually weigh in of Friday mornings but I'll be doing it on Monday from now on. I'm leaving for New Mexico August 3 to see girlfriends I haven't been face to face with in 30 years. I want to look a lot lighter than I do now. I can't wait to get to know everyone else on here too.

Here's to us all "seeing" a lot less of each other by July 4th.
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    I am down! I need some motivation to kick my *kitten* into gear!! :happy:
  • HlthyLivin
    HlthyLivin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please count me in, too. I'm up for the challenge. I just started on 5/17/11. My weigh in days are Tuesdays, but whatever works for this challenge, if fine with me. Feel free to add me as a friend, too. I've lost 2.8 lbs. the first week. Looking forward to the next weigh in. Let's Do This!!!
  • SVKW
    SVKW Posts: 3
    Options
    I SO wanna do this!! If I can still join count me in :) Please?

I'm 160 right now and would love to lose a min of 10 by mid summer.
  • Powered_by_plants
    Options
    I'm in! I just joined the site, and I want to lose a total of 20-25 pounds. I'm looking forward to being a svelte 105 at 5'1"
  • Chychy17
    Chychy17 Posts: 13
    Options
    I want to do it! My birthday is June 17th and I want to have lost 6 pounds by then! I want to be down 10 by the 4th of July!
  • mywaytobeingfit
    mywaytobeingfit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I have kept off 64.8 pounds and for the last year have not really focused.
    We are having a family reunion July 4th weekend and would love to feel more confident about myself by making wise choices.

I have 40 pounds that I would like to get off.

-mywaytobeingfit

Add me as a friend.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. My first mini goal is set for the 4th of July.So this challenge is PERFECT for me! I need to lose 13lbs by then to be at 215! I usually weigh in on Saturdays. But dont mind weighing in on Monday. one question do we weigh in here on this thread?
  • ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in ! Add me! :) We can do this!
  • TrishCastle
    TrishCastle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I live in NZ and head to see my sister in Brisbane on 7th July. A 4th July challenge sounds like a great idea, because I want to fit into my summer clothes! I seem to have "all of a sudden" gone from 68 kilos to 78 kilos and I didn't even like being 68 kilos! Since starting here on MFP I have already lost 2 kilos but love the idea of a group challenge. Count me in.