FitBit

Options
Does anyone use a FitBit? I was wondering if so, how effective you think it is in helping you track your fitness goals & what model you have .. There are a few in the $99-$149 range I was looking at online but not sure if it's worth it, any downsides, or which features are most helpful. Or if you have any other suggestions for more accurately calculating calories burned, etc... Thanks!

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've got the basic fitbit zip. It is the best thing I could have done.
    Before getting it I was averaging 2,000ish steps a day. Now I'm hitting 20,000 pretty consistently.
    The only exercise I do is walking. So I have no need for the fancier heart rate monitor devices. Plus it clips on my bra, and you can't tell I'm wearing it.
  • SunflowerSandra
    SunflowerSandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Depends. I have a charge and find it really usefull and motivating. If I'm pnly at 6000 steps afer dinner I'll go for a walk.
    It's useless for tracking many other sports though, Although if you get one with a hr you can override the steps and it will calculate calorie burn for the work out (not sure how accurate). I wish I'd forked over a little extra for a heart rate monitor one
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One. I do like the way it tracks activity, plus I also use it to track my sleep.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Which Fitbit you choose is entirely a matter of personal preference. They all calculate your TDEE and sync with MFP.

Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun. You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • amrelmesery
    amrelmesery Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i have fitbit flex , and its really great , its changed my lifestyle much better,
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Flex! And I ordered a bunch of bands on amazon for like $15, so I can change it around. Their customer service is superb too!
  • ankm729
    ankm729 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have the charge hr and love it. I've been way more motivated since purchasing it back in april.
  • wrighty11146
    wrighty11146 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    im on the charge HR too and it does motivate you. hgaving it go off and celebrate hitting your calorie burn goal for the day is pretty motivating
  • julescba04
    julescba04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a flex. Its great, and fun too.
  • SkiMummy
    SkiMummy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the charge HR and I love it.
    I debated for a while about getting one, but found a good deal online and I am really happy with it.
    It helps motivate me a LOT! I am always looking out for extra stairs to climb, and make a conscious effort to move more.
  • Sho0gy_D
    Sho0gy_D Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Charge and it TOTALLY kept me motivated to move around. Plus having challenges to do with my friends makes it fun too.
  • PuckTard
    PuckTard Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and it has helped immensely with keeping me motivated. Hitting all of those daily goals and how easily it syncs with MFP.. I just love it! I also like how it tracks your sleep. From everything I've read it's not too great for accurately gauging calorie burns for HIIT but works well for walking/running. Even though I do a lot of HIIT it still helps give me a rough idea of what I'm burning and that definitely helps me out a ton. I would highly recommend it.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I have the One and love it.
  • lauramillat
    lauramillat Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Charge HR! The HR info is awesome, had a Flex for a year before upgrading. Both are awesome, HR info just happens to be very important to me. (lots of heart issues in my family)
  • Caletara
    Caletara Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit but I have a Jawbone Up 24 which is practically the same thing! I love it so much. It helps me take more steps, walk more miles. I'm a competitive person so if I see i'm not in 1st place or something I start walking more! Definitely has helped.
  • schellerica
    schellerica Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • neela2015
    neela2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have my flex set to buzz at certain points in the day to remind me to get up and move a bit. Really helps at work.
  • shelleygreear
    shelleygreear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just returned my charge and bout the HR. I figured why not for $20 more. I'm glad I did.
  • jeweidanz
    jeweidanz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like my Fitbit Charge. I have had it three days and it is helping me get in my steps. I am wondering if I should track non-step exercise. As an example, I have been doing active gardening (digging, planting etc) for two+ hours and I know I "earned" steps but it seems like I may have used more calories than just the steps.

Any suggestions?
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have a FitBit One because I don't like things on my wrists and I use a treadmill desk. Lurve it!

Totally answered this twice. Sorry. LOL!