Half way to goal! -70 lbs

Options
K1Teacher
K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
I made it to my half way there point today :bigsmile:

I started my journey on January 3rd and haven't looked back. I've learned and tweaked along the way (thanks to this site and the wonderful members who share what has worked for them) and have found that what works best for me, at this point, is:

1. Food choices: My macros are set to 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat. I eat a 1200 calorie diet and do not eat my exercise calories back. I can create such a large deficit, at this time, because I still have so much to lose. This may change when I get closer to goal...we'll see.

2. Exercise: My routine right now is...
Monday: 3 mile walk/jog, ChaLEAN Extreme Push 1 & abs
Tuesday: Turbo Jam & Flexibility
Wednesday: 3 mile walk/jog, ChaLEAN Extreme Push 2 & abs
Thursday: 30 min walk, ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Intervals, & abs
Friday: 3 mile walk/jog, ChaLEAN Extreme Push 3 & abs
Saturday: ChaLEAN Extreme Burn it Off, Flexibility, & abs
Sunday: REST!!
I switch it up every month to keep my body guessing but always include cardio, strength training, & flexibility training

3. Very, very few "cheats". When I do decide I want something specific (very few and far between), I plan it out and make it work within my limits. Eliminating sugar (except from fruit) has curbed my appetite for it considerably - I don't even crave it any more.

I am determined to reach my goals and then exceed them! I thank all my weight loss buddies here on MFP for your unwavering support. You have made it possible and I thank you all from the bottom of my :heart:

Fall of 2009 - not even at my heaviest (I had a hard time finding a pic) I probably gained another 20 or so after this pic
106lcex.jpg

Today - still a long way to go but very pleased with my progress. 70 lbs in less than 5 months is not too shabby! :wink:
1qshv9.jpg

Replies

• mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and are doing great!!!! You inspire me every day whether you know it or not!!!!!!
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!! You look wonderful! Great work!
  • laceylovespink
    Options
    awesome job...so inspirational!! Sounds like you'e got it figured out :) thanks for posting!!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I love that you have a plan, that's so important in this journey. Good luck, I know you'll reach your goal!
  • vpurser1
    vpurser1 Posts: 7
    Options
    Great job. Thanks for proving (once again) that a balanced diet including carbs, increased exercise, and patience equals weight loss.
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    Amazing! You are so inspirational! Look how big those pants are on you! That's an amazing feeling huh :happy:
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    wow amazing congrats and all I can send with that you are terrific
    pat
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Look at you! I'm beyond proud of you and SO glad to be along on the journey. WE ROCK!! :)
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great job! Amazing story. Thanks for sharing your success!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    That's great progress!!! You look wonderul.
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Awesome pics. You look marvelous. Congratulations on your dedication, motivation, and strength. To see this weight loss journey thru to the end...though we all know it's just the beginning of a great journey to finding the best within us!!
  • BarnDogBob
    BarnDogBob Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! You're so inspiring!! Your dedication has truly shown, great job!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!
  • kfoust81
    kfoust81 Posts: 19
    Options
    WOW you look amazing, way to go!
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    amazing job!!!! you look fabulous!
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    what an inspiration!!! You look amazing! :) Congrats! Keep going!!!!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you look great
  • traut101202
    traut101202 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Life0nMars86
    Life0nMars86 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Shanna you are doing absolutely amazing. You are such an inspiration and such a sweetheart too. Thank you so much for being a friend a showing me and every1 else just how possible this all is!!! :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!