Best fast weight burning exercise?

Options
I'm currently running for 30 mins on the treadmill every day but am only burning 214 cals, what can I add to boost weight loss? I am going on holiday in a week and if I can burn another 4ibs away before I go that will put me at 9st 4 and I will be happy!

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Dropping 4lbs in a week is a tough ask and not too healthy either. If you only have one week I'd drop the carbs and salt and up your water so that your tummy looks flatter.

And then I'd stop worrying, buy a nice bikini and chill out with a cocktail on a sun lounger :)
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    And then I'd stop worrying, buy a nice bikini and chill out with a cocktail on a sun lounger :)

This.

• LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    Running from the cops? Hahaha
  • abijones75
    abijones75 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Lol, well I will def do the bikini and cocktail part! I just want to maximise my efforts this last week tho, I don't think I can drop carbs altogether but I am eating mainly protein and veg anyway :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm not willing to part with my carbs (Icecream, bread) for love nor money :D But it is one way to get your tummy to look flatter in that time frame. That and the salt. It stops us holding on to water.

Seriously though your holiday is one week away, get excited, get packing and just enjoy it.

I always look a stone heavier a day in to my holiday any way due to all the food I pig out on :p
  • abijones75
    Options
    Haha well I am determined to eat healthy while we're away but the all inclusive booze may be my downfall!
  • SarahEM880
    SarahEM880 Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Try High Intensity Interval Training (HIIIT). 20-30 minutes of 30 secs on and 45 secs off. Basically give it everything you've got in the 30 seconds and then rest for the 45sec. You can do it on any piece of equipment (treadmill, cross trainer, rowing machine, bike etc) and it is definitely effective ! You can get specific timer apps that help :-)
  • abijones75
    Options
    Ok have a speed intervals setting on my treadmill so will start that today, thanks for the tip! :)
  • abijones75
    edited July 2015
    Options
    There also HR intervals but the quickest interval you can set it 3 mins...no settings option for speed intervals.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    To burn 1lb of fat that takes 3500 calories or 16.3 session of your current exercise assuming the figure was accurate i.e it takes an awful lot of exercise. You cna try Hiit, but if its done properly then you arebnt going to be able to manage it for more thna a few times a week and the problem is recovering in time. For weight loss its all about deficits, which are easier to create by moderating consumption. If you wnat weight loss by exercise then all things being equal you simply have to burn more by working harder or longer. 4lbs in a week is unrealistic for soemone with so little to lose.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    To burn 1lb of fat that takes 3500 calories or 16.3 session of your current exercise assuming the figure was accurate i.e it takes an awful lot of exercise. You cna try Hiit, but if its done properly then you arebnt going to be able to manage it for more thna a few times a week and the problem is recovering in time. For weight loss its all about deficits, which are easier to create by moderating consumption. If you wnat weight loss by exercise then all things being equal you simply have to burn more by working harder or longer. 4lbs in a week is unrealistic for soemone with so little to lose.

Very true.

Calorie burn wise, swimming is one of the best you can do.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    S you want to eat 14000 fewer calories than you burn over the next week, that's 2000 calories per day

Yeah not going to happen

4lbs in water weight fluctuation territory

Tbh what you have now is probably what you'll have by day 2 of your holiday

So just keep on keeping on and have a good time
  • abijones75
    Options
    Well I may not be successful but it doesn't hurt to try does it.
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    abijones75 wrote: »

Yes, yes it can. Particularly when in this case success and severe sickness or death inhabit the same space.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    abijones75 wrote: »

Well... does it hurt to try crack cocaine once?

OP you should've started losing weight earlier if you wanted to get ready.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Ummm..well it can do tbh

Staying on a healthy track is one thing

But doing weird OTT stuff to effect a large weight loss in a small time is another

If you play with your water weight through manipulating carbs and salt ..then go on holiday and eat and drink normally it will just come back virtually immediately

If you over-exercise or under eat you will become fatigued and prone to catching illness ...again not great for a holiday

If you only have 4lbs to go I'm sure you look great now, so I wouldn't get overly concerned by it and I'd just go buy a rocking holiday outfit personally