Weigh ins?

Options
im wondering how often I should weigh myself. Ive been told to do it every week and someone told me I should only do it once a month. I don't know what to do. Help me?

Replies

• sweatinfortheweddin
    sweatinfortheweddin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you're the most comfortable with. Weighing everyday can get discouraging seeing your body's daily fluctuations. I, personally, weigh myself every morning after I use to restroom. I like to see the fluctuations so I can better understand my body!

Long story short: there is no right answer. Do what you are most comfortable with.
  • Helpbrittgetfit1224
    Helpbrittgetfit1224 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I think I'll do it every Monday
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I like once a week, but its really a personal preference. I don't wanna weigh daily because that will make me crazy from the fluctuations but weighing monthly would be too long for me. so I compromised and weigh once a week on Sundays. :)
  • zinaramos
    zinaramos Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am not going to weigh myself for a while, I asked my husband to hide all the scales. I get discouraged when I see I only lose 1 or 2 pounds and then give up and end up gaining 15 more pounds. This time it is going to be different, I am going by how I feel and how my clothes fits. I am not going to focus on the numbers, not yet.
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but log on Sundays
  • kg047
    kg047 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays. Those NSV (non-scale victories) are important also.
  • Aceydeal
    Aceydeal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering about this. I also weigh daily in the morning before I eat, but my weight fluctuates a lot. If you do daily weigh ins, do you log it each time? I "lost" 2 lbs since yesterday, and I don't want to record it if it isn't real.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    At the moment, I'm weighing daily. I have decided to do that for a while because in the past the fluctuations have made me give up. I am in a different head space now so want to kill that fear and see if I can see any trends between what I am eating and those fluctuations.
    I have read heaps of advice on here about weight loss being all about calories in / calories out, but by weighing daily there seems to be a BIG link for me between those upward fluctuations and sodium intake. This might be obvious to others - but learning this for myself is part of my journey.
    I don't think I'll weigh daily forever....maybe. I'll stop if I get bored of it I guess. The scale is one of many tools for you to use to track your progress, not the only thing, so use it how it suits you.

Good luck :)
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself, when there's an event (which is very often); that I expect will cause me to gain weight because of potentially consuming food, that's immeasurable. If I am making great progress, it helps me to focus on the current results rather than the food & thus I'll consume less, none at all or if it's something that I can take with me, I'll either share it with others or spread it over the next few days.
  • Livenonstop
    Livenonstop Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I was attending WW meetings they were pretty strong on stating you should weigh once a week, and at a consistent time of day each week. It may be higher or lower than other days of the week, but it gives you a set baseline to record your ups & downs.

Personally, I like checking in at home more often, but I do take the 1 time a week as my "official" that gets logged.
  • hila_13
    hila_13 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but have recently decided only to log it once a week. I don't like when mfp congratulates me on a weightloss that is only a fluctuation. By logging only once a week I don't record the minor ups and downs.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I ususally weigh myself every day at the same time- first thing in the morning- but only log on Mondays.