egg in an avacado

Options
icecoe
icecoe Posts: 12 Member
So I tried the egg in the avacado recipe today. Did not like it. Something about warm avocado. Has anyone else tried it?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Can you post a link to the recipe you used?
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the one where you crack a whole egg into half an avocado and bake it. I think the warm avocado grosses me out too, as well as the texture of the baked egg. I do, however, love putting avocado in egg scrambles. Egg and avocado taste great together, and the avocado gives the dish a creamier texture.

Throw in some bell pepper, red onion, tomato, spinach, and maybe some chicken, and youre set. Salsa would probably be rad with it too.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've just made scrambled eggs with raw avocado on the side and some pepper. I'm wary of cooking avocado after a bad experience involving the fruit and a microwave :s
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm very interested in the responses. I've seen the recipes and posts on this. I love avocado and egg together but have never really thought about the warm avocado part. I may just have to try it at least once.
  • Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I tried it and liked it ok. I actually figured out how to make it in the microwave to get the process to happen a little quicker, but I haven't quite perfected it yet. Warm avocado didn't bother me personally because I am used to adding it to warm meats when I make tacos and burritos.
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I actually love cracking an egg into half an avocado and baking it. I used to eat it for breakfast quite often when I had the time to make it. It's best when the yolk is still runny, so if you don't like runny eggs, it's not for you. I also add some cheddar cheese to mine.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of warm avocados either. I think heating ruins their flavor.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I've avoided trying that even though I love baked eggs and love avocados because warm avacado seems gross to me too. I've done eggs baked in ramekins (I leave out the cream) with sliced avocado on garlic toast and that is delicious.
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I tried to bake avocado with egg. It looks pretty but taste gross. I cannot eat a soften up avocado while the egg is slimey x_x
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I agree, I can't stand warm avocado! I tend to make a poached egg and use sliced of avocado to dunk into the yolk. Yum :)
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    @cwolfman13 does a brilliant egg in a scooped out baked potato. I keep meaning to try that one of these days.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I saw the idea on Facebook but the idea just seemed a bit... icky. I do like the idea of adding the avocado to the egg without cooking it. PeachyCarol... I'm interested in this egg in the baked potato... more info?
  • deoxy4
    deoxy4 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't care for warm avocado. I went back to peppers and eggs with dill or tarragon, a better combo for me.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    I saw the idea on Facebook but the idea just seemed a bit... icky. I do like the idea of adding the avocado to the egg without cooking it. PeachyCarol... I'm interested in this egg in the baked potato... more info?

Cwolfman13 came up with it! I think he put a potato in to bake, took his dogs out, came back, scooped out a depression, fed that to the dogs, cracked an egg into the depression, and baked it for 15-20 minutes or so.

So, like a twice baked potato, but with an egg in there.

If I'm not mistaken, he posted it on the recipe thread after he got requests for it from posting a picture on another thread.

• greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Cwolfman13 came up with it! I think he put a potato in to bake, took his dogs out, came back, scooped out a depression, fed that to the dogs, cracked an egg into the depression, and baked it for 15-20 minutes or so.

If I'm not mistaken, he posted it on the recipe thread after he got requests for it from posting a picture on another thread.

Found the link. That looks good. Thanks

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10146056/baked-potato-breakfast-bowl
  • icecoe
    Options
    I eat avocado with every thing so I think it's gonna be good with scrambled egg!
  • icecoe
    Options
    I think I just need more low calorie breakfast ideas
  • mccindy72
    Options

Found the link. That looks good. Thanks

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10146056/baked-potato-breakfast-bowl

Oh lord, thank you, I'm having this for lunch tomorrow! :smiley:
  • mccindy72
    Options

Thanks to you too for remembering this!
  • icecoe
    Options
    Thanks guys!