I hate cooking!

Options
hinata1680
hinata1680 Posts: 7 Member
I hate cooking because everything I do come out nasty! I was meant to be the person who cleans up not the cook! Any good recipes that are easy and cook friendly!

Replies

• TheLittleGingerDoesWeightLoss
    Options
    I am currently honing my skills as a cook. I used to follow recipes in books, but wasn't really knowing what I was going for until I was done. I found that I responded really well to Youtube videos. I could follow along and pause them when I needed to. Plus I had an idea of what I was going for. There are so many chefs on YT, you can easily find the person who clicks with you or has a similar diet to what you need.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Try searching for 5 ingredient or less recipes. Maybe the fewer ingredients will help. I second the YouTube videos. I recently started following a lot of BBQ channels trying to learn that art of grilling and smoking. Search YouTube for the Domestic Geek she is really good. Blogs are another great resource many include photos on different steps. Good luck with your cooking!
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    on youtube i follow the one pot chef. . he does a ton of different stuff that is easy. Also the virgin kitchen. . he makes alot of interesting stuff. He just did "mug" month all recipes you can make in a mug in the microwave. . and only one dessert, and my drunk kitchen is always entertaining lol
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Hire a personal chef
  • healtheehappee
    healtheehappee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I hate cooking too. I have been really putting the crockpot to good use. Really no cooking skills required which definitely works in my favor. If you are on Pinterest, there are so many good recipes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I used to hate cooking too. But then I lost my fear of fat.

Which recipes have you tried? Links? Maybe someone can give you hints.
  • hinata1680
    Options
    I hate cooking too. I have been really putting the crockpot to good use. Really no cooking skills required which definitely works in my favor. If you are on Pinterest, there are so many good recipes.

Thank you I will try that
  • hinata1680
    Options
    I used to hate cooking too. But then I lost my fear of fat.

Which recipes have you tried? Links? Maybe someone can give you hints.

I have three cooking books, many link's and I even watch cooking shows but it never comes out right
  • hinata1680
    Options
    Hire a personal chef

I don't have that kind of money.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    maybe just aim for 1 new recipe per week? skinnytaste is a great site with ALOT of recipes that are not too hard (I understand what is not hard for one is hard for another) And yes, crockpots are great! Just add all ingredients, set and go!! Just be careful with chicken breast, if cooked too long it comes out dry ~ Chicken thighs in my opinion are better in the crockpot (boneless / skinless)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    hinata1680 wrote: »
    I hate cooking because everything I do come out nasty! I was meant to be the person who cleans up not the cook! Any good recipes that are easy and cook friendly!

What is it about cooking that you hate? Often what happens is that people try to go too fast or use the wrong temperature. Cooking is a skill that takes some time and finesse. The most common mistake is turning the temperature in a pan or pot up too high. Patience is definitely the key. Start by finding some easy recipes online that have only a few ingredients and a few simple steps. Master those first and then move on.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Go with something simple like chicken tacos. Put chicken breast in crockpot with salsa and taco seasoning. Cook on low. Shred and make tacos. Better than that. If you cook your chicken plain, you can spice it differently. After shredding it, separate into different bowls. Add the taco seasoning and salsa for tacos. Add bbq sauce for a chicken bbq sandwich. Keep some for salads. It's very versatile. You can use chicken broth when cooking and cook on low. Keeps from being too dry.

Take advantage of premade marinades. Marinade your meats and bake. Weber has some great marinade mixes.

Simplest way to cook veggies is to roast them. Toss veggies with olive oil, salt, pepper, Bake at 400 degees until done. Different veggies have different cooking times. Olive oil is a good fat but high in calories so use sparingly.

Zucchini boat pizza. Scoop out zucchini, add marinara, meats, veggies, cheese. Bake at 350 until bubbly.

What are some things you like?

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I really like the way the Joy of Cooking does recipes. Rather than having a list of ingredients followed by instructions, it gives you step-by-step instructions. I find it much easier to follow this way. When I find a recipe I like elsewhere, I'll see if my Joy has a version and use that one.

My mother didn't teach me how to cook - I learned from the Joy after I moved out. It's like an encyclopedia of cooking.

While there have been a handful of recipes I wasn't crazy about (out of probably hundreds over the years), I've never had a Joy recipe fail.