If i dont do it now

Options
naylz59
naylz59 Posts: 5 Member
55 year old male, slowing gaining about 2 to 3 kg per year over the last 20 years. Have gone from a healthy 79kg to almost 108kg and blood pressure and heart changes. Have tried 'dieting" many times in the past but want to now make this a lifestyle change. Need someone going through a similar journey to chat with for mutual support.

Replies

• socialdchic
    socialdchic Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am a 30 year old female so I cannot offer much advice but I can offer a little.

Never use the word "diet" again, it IS a lifestyle change and you have to find the right fit for you, you do not want to be miserable or you will not stick to it. For me, as far a exercise, I cannot take doing the same thing over and over (i.e. walking a treadmill) so I found Zumba which is dancing and it makes the time go by faster (thought I am sure it if not your cup of tea, just an example lol).

Try doing some simple strength exercises and a little cardio like walking around the block as fast as you are comfortable, muscle helps burn fat and it ups your metabolism though I am not sure of your restrictions.

Make sure and log all your foods on here correct. Go get a food scale. Add everything from coffee creamer to multivitamins.

If you want to have a cheat meal, dont kick yourself just let it be that meal and go back to being healthy, just dont do it often, I generally eat out with my husband once every 2 weeks and I do not count my calories that day. If this is going to be a lifestyle it has to be livable.

I hope you can find someone who is better able to offer suggestions! Good luck!
  • naylz59
    Options
    first 3 days were fine. Now away for a fun weekend with friends. Started with a few glasses of wine and then went downhill but made the gym again this morning.
  • naylz59
    Options
    Damn these weekends, maybe I should start weighing myself on a friday rather than a monday.