Options
13»

Replies

• Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    charllata wrote: »
    mojo501976 wrote: »
    Back again. After an overdue hiatus. I've heard this from many health practitioners. Even though a banana is high in sugar it doesn't contain all the other ingredients a banana muffin does. Natural is better.

*Is literally half way though making banana, peanutbutter and cacao nibs ice-cream* It's not a muffin, but does that mean I can't have my yummy goodness...? :joy:
    sound VERY yummy!

Oh it is! and just 140 calories for this whole plate! :love:
    gay6yq5hhilw.png
  • Sorchya
    Sorchya Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I want a banana, sometimes the muffin...but as some folks have posted some muffins are better than others. IF I am burning the calories on a banana muffin, a home made one tastes better to me and I have control of what goes in it....although I don't hand mill my own flour I do like my muffins to be with whole grain flour :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Skip the bananas. Eat meat instead.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

My kind of woman.

If I had a penny for every banana ice cream thread....MFP banana talk has officially made me anti-banana.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I've never craved a banana so badly....
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you found something that works for you, OP! :)

I understand - banana muffins (though "natural") can pack a calorific punch, and if I'm looking to cut and stay full, I generally avoid them as well. Doesn't work for all - but if you want it, rock it! Don't worry about the haters.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    I'm glad you found something that works for you, OP! :)

I understand - banana muffins (though "natural") can pack a calorific punch, and if I'm looking to cut and stay full, I generally avoid them as well. Doesn't work for all - but if you want it, rock it! Don't worry about the haters.

Haters gonna hate.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Which reminds me; this is my latest purchase.
    71LhCxmblDL._SL1500_.jpg

They peel off like a dream. Hubby really likes them. He likes what I bake in them even better.

I used mine to make rebatch crayons in. Worst idea ever. :cry:

slideaway1 wrote: »
    bananas can kill you. Very high potassium and you could slip on the skin. A very dangerous and misunderstood fruit.

I left the peel there just for you man. ;)
  • RodHudson1229
    RodHudson1229 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Do you know the muffin man?
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    MFP = Hate. That's what I've seen anyway. :|

I know what you mean. The forums can be especially harsh and I'm trying to be more supportive and less snarky. If you need some recommendations for REALLY supportive sweet friends, let me know. They make all the difference for me.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Back again. After an overdue hiatus. I've heard this from many health practitioners. Even though a banana is high in sugar it doesn't contain all the other ingredients a banana muffin does. Natural is better.

In the absence of calorie counting, that would definitely be an adaptation to a regular diet that helps creates a deficit. Nothing to do with being natural though.

In conjunction with calorie counting? Eat the muffin within your calories. Still nothing to do with being more natural either.

Personally? Less cooking, less dishes, less screwing around with recipe builder...so I just eat the banana.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

My kind of woman.

If I had a penny for every banana ice cream thread....MFP banana talk has officially made me anti-banana.

ron-swanson-tries-to-eat-a-banana-o.gif

But seriously, bananas are great with nilla wafers and puddin'
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

tumblr_lqxy9ak7UF1r2ufqjo1_500.gif#Yes%20Gif%20500x281
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

I agree OP. I eat my natural banana along with natural peanut butter on bread.

I love banana muffins and make them but I can't fit 2 muffins AND a PB&B in to my calories.

• nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    After reading this I'm just hungry..... Good thing I have banana pudding in the fridge.... Probably even worse than the muffin for some but.... I like it.
  • mojo501976
    mojo501976 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Perhaps you should have remained on hiatus. [/quote]

Are you spam? Because I can't possibly think why you would have to come on here and be mean with your comments. Especially since I'm just stating something. You don't have to believe it you don't have to like it. I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm just putting my own small two cents in. I wish you well with your weight loss. Because I can't imagine why you would be so mean otherwise.