Can I do it?

Options
Hi everyone. My goal is actually on the long term and it's losing 20 kilos (44 lbs) in 8 months. Is it doable?

Replies

• Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    What's your height, weight, gender, starting weight?

It probably is. Works out just over a 1lb a week. But weight loss isn't linear and will slow down as you near your goal.

Weigh all your food, log accurately and stick to your calorie limit MFP gives you. :)

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    It seems you could do that

Not a huge loss to get to with a reasonable calorie level and some cardio to help burn off body fat

Get started and on it!!

Yes it can be done!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,059 Member
    Options
    Should be no problem. Just stick with CICO. :)
  • HANBALL236
    HANBALL236 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 153 pounds and 5'5 and I have a very big build so I feel like losing more will help me feel more confident and comfortable in mynskin. I will aim for 1.5 lb a week
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    109 is pretty low for 5'5", IMO...

I'm 5'2 and for me, once I get down to 120, the weight comes off at a rate of about a half pound a month. The smaller you get, the smaller your deficit is. I'd recommend getting a food scale.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Losing 44 from 153 in 8 months will be....challenging.

Why that specific weight?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can or not. But if you fall short of your goal, you will still have made progress!

Are you going to a reunion or getting married or trying to lose weight for some event?
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds or so in about 4 months. I was working out during the week and doing mountain bike rides on the weekends. I was/am very active. It can be done, I im 5'6" and went from 154 to 125 in about 4 months.
  • HANBALL236
    HANBALL236 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Um no event really that was just my weight from back when I was in high school and I really loved the way I felt so that's like my dream weight
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    HANBALL236 wrote: »
    Um no event really that was just my weight from back when I was in high school and I really loved the way I felt so that's like my dream weight

In high school you were still developing.

109 for 5'5 is insanely low. I'm 5'5 and my goal weight is 145-150 but I do tend to be in the higher end of the healthy weight range.

You are just above a healthy weight range at the moment. The closer you are to a healthy weight, the harder it will be to come off.
    It is not a realistic, nor likely a healthy, goal.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You want to get to 109 pounds and you're 5'5? Ahhh that's underweight, so I'm going to guess nope.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Most men can't get back to high school weight. A lot of muscle mass is gained after high school, so it wouldn't be healthy to even try. You were a boy then. Shoot for looking like a man.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

Most men can't get back to high school weight. A lot of muscle mass is gained after high school, so it wouldn't be healthy to even try. You were a boy then. Shoot for looking like a man.

Op's profile lists them as a female.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Heck yeah! Just do it, making sacrifices now for a long term goal is something I'm just barely learning, and it's so worth it. 2months I'm down like 30lbs. I'm not saying what I did is healthy or what you should do, I'm just sayin with the right discipline and focus, you can easily reach your goal! Gl mate.
  • AspenDan
    Options
  • mccindy72
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

Op's profile lists them as a female.

Oops. My apologies, I misread.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Now I'm confused - OP is 153 and 5'5" and has a 'big build'... OP is 19 and female.... was 109 in high school and felt like that was the ideal weight.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    Heck yeah! Just do it, making sacrifices now for a long term goal is something I'm just barely learning, and it's so worth it. 2months I'm down like 30lbs. I'm not saying what I did is healthy or what you should do, I'm just sayin with the right discipline and focus, you can easily reach your goal! Gl mate.

@danieltsmoke - do you realize you are encouraging a young woman who is almost within a healthy weight range to drop a very large amount of weight in very short time that will put them in the underweight category?
  • AspenDan
    Options

@danieltsmoke - do you realize you are encouraging a young woman who is almost within a healthy weight range to drop a very large amount of weight in very short time that will put them in the underweight category?

I think you're being a bit alarmist? Also, I didn't look into her profile, but I don't regret supporting anyone's goals as long as they don't hurt anyone else..Her body, if she wants to be "underweight", I'm to assume her reasons are as valid as my reasons to get thinner, and I'm fine supporting her.
  • Ozzzzzzzzzz
    Ozzzzzzzzzz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif