Weight Loss Stalled!

Options
Hello!

I'm hoping for some help. My weight has stayed the same for a over a year now. My intake is 1200 calories a day with a goal of 1 pound loss a week. I weigh food (when I cook at home) and exercise (a metafit class, a body combat class, regular gym for maybe 30 minutes and I do weights).

What am I doing wrong? I've already lost 2 stone but I feel like my body has given up!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh all your food on a food scale ( so dont use cups and spoons or serving sizes)
    Can you open your diary?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh all your food on a food scale ( so dont use cups and spoons or serving sizes)
    Can you open your diary?

I second these questions.

I'll add @lemonlionheart 's flowchart for the lurkers.

MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Check this out
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHzie6XRGk
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Additionally what are your stats? If you're set to 1200 to lose a pound a week, that's probably too aggressive a goal for you, and smaller deficits mean you have to be even more precise with your logging (which is where @TheOwlhouseDesigns' questions come in).
  • carlyselby
    carlyselby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for your replies! Yes I use a scale but I only weigh my evening meals. I don't weigh things like spreads in sandwiches, I just guess. With the exercise I don't use the machines to count the calories burnt, I just use this app and type what exercise and time and go by that.
  • Orphia
    Options
    carlyselby wrote: »
    Wow thanks for your replies! Yes I use a scale but I only weigh my evening meals. I don't weigh things like spreads in sandwiches, I just guess. With the exercise I don't use the machines to count the calories burnt, I just use this app and type what exercise and time and go by that.

Good to hear from you again!

Do you eat back all your exercise calories? The general rule of thumb is to only eat back half at most, since exercise estimates are prone to be exaggerated.
  • carlyselby
    Options
    To be honest yes I eat most of them back...mmm kind of answered my own question here haven't I?! Haha!
  • Orphia
    Options
    carlyselby wrote: »
    To be honest yes I eat most of them back...mmm kind of answered my own question here haven't I?! Haha!

Hahaha! :) Good for you for posting that, and good luck going forward.
  • carlyselby
    Options
    Thank you!
  • franceslinton
    franceslinton Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Also, once you start measuring/weighing everything, get your burn deficit under control, then still get stuck, cut out things like sugary treats or chips. I would eat the appropriate serving size and stay within my calorie range, but eventually my body stalled out. I gave up sugary treats (and tried low sugar and sugar free options on things like maple syrup), and BOOM!! Eight lbs in one month! (results not guaranteed, lol!) Good luck!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Also, once you start measuring/weighing everything, get your burn deficit under control, then still get stuck, cut out things like sugary treats or chips. I would eat the appropriate serving size and stay within my calorie range, but eventually my body stalled out. I gave up sugary treats (and tried low sugar and sugar free options on things like maple syrup), and BOOM!! Eight lbs in one month! (results not guaranteed, lol!) Good luck!

Not necessary. You stopped losing weight because of the reasons I mentioned in your post. If you lost weight because of cutting out sugar it was only because by cutting out sugary things you indirectly reduced your calories, it wasn't the lack of sugar itself that helped you lose weight.