How to lose weight when nothing has worked?

Options
Hi! I need help figuring out what I'm doing wrong. I average 1250 calories a day, drink plenty of water, and exercise at least 4 days a week. But I haven't lost a single pound in ten years or more and I gain a few pounds every year. Any ideas of why I'm not losing weight?

Replies

• kelleyjhale
    kelleyjhale Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What type of foods are your calories coming from? Also, what is your workout routine?
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Are you sure that you are only taking in 1250 calories? Weighing your food to make sure your calorie intake is what you think it is would be one step :-)

Are you basing the 1250 on what MFP has told you?
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Your stats (height, starting weight, goal weight and age) would be helpful too :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    open your diary
  • MrJamesSmedley2
    MrJamesSmedley2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just stick to the basics. Logging everything that you eat and drink for a week will be a good indication of where you are going wrong. If you are truly only eating 1250 (I suspect it may actually be wrong as you state you've gained weight) correctly then do you consider what you drink, meaning hot beverages you may be adding sugar and milk and maybe some sodas to which are high in calories. You should be losing weight if 1250 is what you truly eat and drink everyday so something must be going wrong in the diet.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Let's start with the basics.
    Age?
    Height?
    Current Weight?
    Goal Weight?
    Activity level not including exercise? How are you measuring what you eat (weigh with scale / measuring cups / eyeballing / not measuring at all) ?
    Exactly what exercises are you doing and how are you calculating the burn from it?
    Do you have any underlying medical conditions that can influence calories in / calories out?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Yeah, need to open your diary. Generally, if you're not losing you're eating too much.