Hypothyroidism and trying to lose it!!

Options
donna8483
donna8483 Posts: 1 Member
recently separated need to get i shape to keep up with my two kiddos by myself! What's everyone w hypothyroidism doing??

Replies

• rvebenezer13
    rvebenezer13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was 103 kg and in 3 months reached to 95 and also shaping up my fat tyres in body.
    Pl let me know if you need help in shaping up
    regards
    Rajeev
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Married with 3 kids (7, 5, &1) and lost >50lbs using MFP over the past year.

I'm currently doing the Stronglifts 5x5 program and training for 30-60 mins day run/bike/swim. Did alot of the early work on the elliptical.

Welcome aboard!
  • Sorchya
    Sorchya Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    making sure not to forget my levothyroxine and keeping moving daily even if it is just a walk. Using my fitness pal helps a lot.
  • shareengeorge862
    shareengeorge862 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have also recently been diagnosied with hypothyroidism. I find that i am very tired and loosing weigh has been a instantly struggle. Really hoping that this app will help me keep track of my calories and all the inspiration posts from yoh guys will keep me motivated !:)
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Log in every day. Considered a lifestyle change vs. diet mentality. Make healthy eating choices & exercise daily. Busted *kitten* to lose 80 pounds despite being told it was going to be extremely difficult. It took splitting my pants for me to invest in making changes. No excuses~It's all up to you. Healthiest I've ever been at one month shy of 45 and Hashimoto's thyroiditis. I chose to prove them all wrong! Maintaining now. You can do it! All the best to you!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    If you need inspiration - Jillian Michaels is hypothyroid as well (Hashimoto's I believe).

Much of the tiredness is mental - a trick I use to be interested in everything. Cannot stress that enough, but going through the day and continually focusing your brain to be active is one of the greatest challenges to beating this.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    If you need inspiration - Jillian Michaels is hypothyroid as well (Hashimoto's I believe).

Much of the tiredness is mental - a trick I use to be interested in everything. Cannot stress that enough, but going through the day and continually focusing your brain to be active is one of the greatest challenges to beating this.

had no idea. very interesting. i haven't been diagnosed, but my TSH is always high. So I wonder if I will be lucky enough to get it someday ;-/

• mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight is a struggle for me after I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism (22 years ago). Doctors said the max I can loose is about 15 pounds. Proved them wrong and lost around 48 lbs. I know I can lose more if I am strict about portion control. I feel I have slowed down but still energetic with regular exercise, eating healthy and taking Levothyroxin everyday in the empty stomach. I can't complain at 62 when my dad who is 88 and has hypothyroidism (no meds) walks 4 miles or more every day faster than I do and is in good health. It is all in the mind. Never give up.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism as well, I've been having a hard time losing weight too. I admit, I am horrible for taking my medication though. Definitely following this thread!