AZ gal getting fit for 2016 wedding!

Options
Hello! I am Ashley and I am looking for inspirational friends to help me through my weight loss journey. My fiancé and I are hardcore foodies, so eating better and staying out of new resturants is going to be tough for me. I have a fitbit to keep me in check and ensure I am getting enough steps in for the day as well. I have 20 more pounds I want to lose before I say I DO.

Replies

• lolai144
    lolai144 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey, Ashley! I am looking to find more peeps to keep me on pace and remain motivated throughout my weight loss journey, as well. I've got a fitibit and we do lots of challenges. I've also got an IG account dedicated to my journey because I feel that it keeps me accountable, it helps that I am apart of an amazing group of ladies who are always full of motivational quotes, fitspirations in their own right, and are extremely supportive. I'd love to help you reach your goal before the big I DO's (also I love anything wedding related lol) Anyway, hit me up here anytime!
  • ashleysey87
    ashleysey87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Thank you for your support!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can find friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.
  • brewingPHX
    brewingPHX Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Phoenix area too. Add me if you like!
  • kgeiger141
    kgeiger141 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a 2016 Bride-to-be as well! Looking to lose 40 pounds by my September 2016 wedding! Feel free to add me! I love giving (and receiving) support! :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Remember while you are looking toward your wedding that weight loss and maintenance is a journey, not a destination. Set a goal for yourself, sure, but it's just one goalpost along the way on a lifetime journey. Once you reach your goal weight and look wonderful in that wedding dress, you still need to get out of bed the next day, and the next, and face life the same way. You don't way to think of your goal as an endpoint or you'll end up regaining.
  • dfavela1988
    dfavela1988 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yay congrats first of, glad to see another member from AZ as well, feel free to add.