I feel alone

Options
I started my weight loss journey in January I have lost a totally of 30lbs and instead of being proud all I do is find myself saying is that all? I'm the only one in my household doing this and I need more support!

Replies

• me3evans
    me3evans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is that ALL? be proud of that 30lbs!!! You CAN do this!! Even if you're the only one in your house on this journey to health, you got this! You're doing more than the people sitting at home on the couch making excuses, right? You've come further than someone who hasn't even tried, right? BE PROUD! And keep it up!
  • JulesVinTX
    JulesVinTX Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, that is awesome! I can't wait to lose 30 pounds! I found a nice group of people here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10209560/looking-for-friends-and-support#latest
    Join us!
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    30 lbs is a great start! Even if no one else in the house is looking to lose weight, they may be willing to join you for fitness activities such as walking or hiking.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!! That's a great, great start!! You're doing wonderful!
  • NEGal2
    NEGal2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Sometimes I think people feel that they will be happier when they lose weight. It's great to lose weight and to be healthier and to have more choices but it's not an automatic cure for sadness or stress. I know that I, myself, have used food for comfort at times. Is there something that you can replace the food with that will help you to feel better, maybe even happier? I think it's about so much more than the weight. At least it is for me.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You've lost twice as much as I have this year, if that helps :)
  • ElisaJtsu
    ElisaJtsu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Firstly, 30 lbs is absolutely fantastic!!! I've started in January and I've lost 17 lbs...I am very, very envious right now ;) But any pound lost is a success! The other day I felt like I had achieved nothing, so I took a shopping bag and filled it with items totalling 17 lbs; it puts things into perspective! You should be proud of yourself - you're not doing this for anyone else! If you need support, feel free to add me x
  • hunnyb333
    hunnyb333 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have lost 32 lbs and all I can think about is how much further I have to go. You have done AMAZING work so far! Be proud of that. You look so much better, you probably feel so much better, right? It's a pleasure to fit into those clothes, it's worth the work! Don't give up. It's going to take us all a long time to do it right, but you can and will do it. If you need a boost reach out any time!
  • msbrittybrit
    msbrittybrit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!all of you I know I should feel proud so many ppl keep saying I'm their role model etc which I think is silly but ha idk I just I guess to be honest I'm not working out a whole lot part of it is I work a lot other half I'm lazy sometimes I do try but on my days off I just want to relax I'm sure you all know how that is. I guess I just feel like everyone thinks I'm busting my *kitten* at the gym every day and all that and I'm not I'm just watching my food. But cuz I'm not going to the gym I don't see much results I don't look thinner or toner so I feel just idk like I've done nothing
  • MrJamesSmedley2
    MrJamesSmedley2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey in January I have lost a totally of 30lbs and instead of being proud all I do is find myself saying is that all? I'm the only one in my household doing this and I need more support!

That's a great result! Just remember you are doing this for yourself so keep your head up and keep going (if you still are that in the process that is) :smile:. Add me if you'd like I would love to see your progress.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    First off, 30lbs is a BIG DEAL!! In a world where we are inundated and saturated with fats and sugars, that is commendable for someone your age!! It's hard to drop even 10lbs so take that and embrace every damn pound you lost so far and celebrate those moments with each continued step!! Secondly, you are absolutely beautiful and remind me so much of my own daughter, I had to do a double take I thought you were her! LOL But really take every lost pound as a milestone and relish in your success, even if you are alone at home, we are ALL here for you!!! Be proud!!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you've done great.
  • msbrittybrit
    Options
    LianaG1115 wrote: »
    First off, 30lbs is a BIG DEAL!! In a world where we are inundated and saturated with fats and sugars, that is commendable for someone your age!! It's hard to drop even 10lbs so take that and embrace every damn pound you lost so far and celebrate those moments with each continued step!! Secondly, you are absolutely beautiful and remind me so much of my own daughter, I had to do a double take I thought you were her! LOL But really take every lost pound as a milestone and relish in your success, even if you are alone at home, we are ALL here for you!!! Be proud!!!

Aw thank you ha that's very very sweet sigh I don't know what's wrong with me just wish I had more people here but with no distractions or temptations. I try my best to stay focused I got off my fitness pal cuz I got sick of counting but it's the one thing that kept me focus. Thank you so much tho
  • msbrittybrit
    Options
    Thank you everyone !
  • JEWIM1
    JEWIM1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of your accomplishment! But, I sooooo know what you mean. And I have yo-yo'd so very many times. When I feel that way, I know it's time to kick things up a little bit. Add another activity, or try a few different new recipes, but make sure it's something that will be a reward as well as something that will inspire you to keep going. And kudos to you for reaching out to the MFP family for some support! I have found this to be the most positive place ever! Congratulations and good luck!!
  • msbrittybrit
    Options
    JEWIM1 wrote: »
    You should be proud of your accomplishment! But, I sooooo know what you mean. And I have yo-yo'd so very many times. When I feel that way, I know it's time to kick things up a little bit. Add another activity, or try a few different new recipes, but make sure it's something that will be a reward as well as something that will inspire you to keep going. And kudos to you for reaching out to the MFP family for some support! I have found this to be the most positive place ever! Congratulations and good luck!!

Aw thank you it's nice to know there are people in the world who don't even know you and support you, thank you!