What does your hunger feel like?

Options
Mgtei
Mgtei Posts: 56 Member
Since I've been logging my calories I've become more attuned to my hunger signals (since I'm not eating as much and they get a chance to work). Often they're similar, an empty stomach feeling, but every now and then they'll throw me a curve. E.g., today I needed a snack (a rarity for me; I like big meals) and felt a mild weakness in my legs and arms, but my stomach felt fine and full enough. I tried drinking some water, then had a half peanut butter sandwich/cup of milk and felt better. Maybe it's a diabetic (type 2) thing, or maybe everyone's hunger signals vary. Just curious.

Since it's close to lunchtime on the East Coast, I was curious how your hunger signals feel today. Feel free to reply in gifs or text. ;)

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Mine are nausea and rage, and headache.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Same here. Angry, headache, cranky and tired. This is only when I'm really hungry, though. When I first have a little hunger I just a get pissy
  • Mgtei
    Options
    Huh, interesting. I've not experienced those symptoms. Wonder if that'll change as I lose weight.

Thanks for sharing!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Mgtei wrote: »
    Huh, interesting. I've not experienced those symptoms. Wonder if that'll change as I lose weight.

Thanks for sharing!

I doubt it, I'm sure it's some kind of blood sugar thing although my fasting levels test just fine. I've always been that way - my family used to call me Dr. Jekyll because they said they could never tell when my evil side would come out, then finally they realized it was whenever I was hungry. I don't get growly stomach type of signs very often. Usually feeling nauseated is my first sign that I need to eat. Trying to kill someone is the second :) And if I miss a meal, I'll get a killer headache.
  • Mgtei
    Options
    @sofaking6 Ha ha, gotcha. I get sleepy I'd I miss a meal but have never had a hunger headache. So many varieties of human!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    depends on how hungry I am- time of day and what I'm doing- but this is typically what it's like:

930 AM- I"m going to puke
    1 PM- JESUSCHRISTWHYHAVEN"TIEATENYETIHATEALLOFYOU
    <oh look food!!!>
    3:30 PM- FAK- I can't eat this early- I'll be dead at 7 PM.
    4:00ish... FINALLY FOOD.
    405- DAMNNITI"MSTILLHUNGRY
    <goes to gym>
    7 PM- at the studio- I NEED A SNACK!!!!
    dance- get glassy eyed and tired- dance some more- then go home
    11 PM- OMG EGGS_ I"M GOING TO DIE IF I DON'T EAT.

about like that.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    My hunger is mistaken for gas by coworkers. My stomach growls sound like the nastiest farts. It's weird.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

yup. and in that order actually.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Starts with a little gurgling or clenching in my stomach, then a while later I start to get light-headed and unable to focus. If I wait even longer than that, I get this horrible ache in my throat that is really hard to describe.
  • mcampbell795
    mcampbell795 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mine starts off with a dry mouth, then I feel a headache, then lack of concentration. Hydrating I have found helps. If your desperate eat fruit. It generally brings up the blood sugars right away :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    stomach growling and feeling like its eating itself and cramping
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Dry mouth, stomach cramps, being cold. And pee smells funny.
  • BethClicks
    BethClicks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My stomach feels like a yawning black pit from which not even sunlight can escape. Also, I feel desperate and frantic like I've lost something important and have no idea where to find it, finally cranky and rageful with a pinch of melancholy. It's really quite fun to be with me when hunger strikes...
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Stomach growling and extra saliva.

When my blood glucose is low I get tired weak, shaky and cranky. That would happen about 2 hours after eating for me (with mild reactive hypoglycelia and prediabetes). Low blood sugar can happen without being hungry.
  • lesslerz2014
    lesslerz2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    BethClicks wrote: »
    My stomach feels like a yawning black pit from which not even sunlight can escape. Also, I feel desperate and frantic like I've lost something important and have no idea where to find it, finally cranky and rageful with a pinch of melancholy. It's really quite fun to be with me when hunger strikes...

The best. lol
  • BethClicks
    BethClicks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    :smiley: My husband always asks me if I'm really mad or if I'm just hangry...
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Headache, lightheaded/dizziness, growling stomach/stomach pains, weakness, extreme crabbiness, difficulty concentrating.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    stomach growling and feeling like its eating itself and cramping
    Same for me. If I go too long without eating after getting the growling, I get horrible back pains that take several hours to stop.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Cramping/gnawing under the breastbone. Weak and shaky. My blood sugar crashes fast if I don't eat when I'm hungry. I'm prediabetic. So I break up meals into many little snacks, as recommended by the doctor.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I get the shakes.