• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Angry, agitated, headache, stomachache
  • mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    BethClicks wrote: »
    :smiley: My husband always asks me if I'm really mad or if I'm just hangry...

^^^^ This exactly!

• noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I always think it's crazy how urgent hunger can feel, despite knowing that you're going to eat at some point later. The same with cravings for a particular food... it feels so urgent, despite the fact you'll probably eat it thousands more times in your life.
  • ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Mild hunger is actually a pleasant feeling for me. My stomach feels... err... "light and airy"? I guess? Not gaseous, but it doesn't hurt and it isn't cramping. It just feels lighter and "smaller". I find I focus easier in this state and it's easy to stay on top of things mentally. I prefer this feeling to being full and will eat slowly because of that.

Actual "I need food" hunger is pretty much hangry for me. I get easily irritable and short with people and feel a sort of tingling in my upper shoulders and neck. It makes me feel like I'm raising my hackles or something. However, it's not an uncontrollable feeling and it usually passes after about 20 minutes with water.

I found fasting really helped me figure out what hungry was like and get back to terms with being mildly hungry as a normal state.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    ThatMouse wrote: »
    Mild hunger is actually a pleasant feeling for me. My stomach feels... err... "light and airy"? I guess? Not gaseous, but it doesn't hurt and it isn't cramping. It just feels lighter and "smaller". I find I focus easier in this state and it's easy to stay on top of things mentally. I prefer this feeling to being full and will eat slowly because of that.

Actual "I need food" hunger is pretty much hangry for me. I get easily irritable and short with people and feel a sort of tingling in my upper shoulders and neck. It makes me feel like I'm raising my hackles or something. However, it's not an uncontrollable feeling and it usually passes after about 20 minutes with water.

I found fasting really helped me figure out what hungry was like and get back to terms with being mildly hungry as a normal state.

Did it help with the hangry? Mine just gets worse and worse until I punch myself in the face.
  • ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Did it help with the hangry? Mine just gets worse and worse until I punch myself in the face.

The fasting? No, I had to power through the hangry, ha ha! But after those 20 minutes and enough water, it's okay. It comes and goes after that every few hours, though. The only time it doesn't is when I'm playing a video game - then I'm engrossed in playing and can go through most of the day without eating if I have water nearby.

Then rage-quit-hangry happens and I devour a half carton of eggs in the most glorious breakfast-for-dinner omelette ever.
  • jensquish1
    jensquish1 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Hell- oh look chocolate!
    Must have all the carbs!
  • dlgallian
    dlgallian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ThatMouse wrote: »

Exactly. Then when it gets past this point the stomach feels more gnawing, then I start to feel shaky, weak, and unable to concentrate. I try not to get past this point, because from here it goes pretty quickly into tunnel vision (feeling like I'm going to black out) and unable to make any decisions, even feeling unable to acquire food to eat. I get very confused and helpless. Interestingly, I don't get irritable or "hangry," just like a lost little mouse.

When I've been consistently overeating, I can't stand the way hunger feels. If I'm eating less (like now), it's way more tolerable (after a few weeks of adjustment, of course). I actually do prefer being slightly hungry throughout the day, but it's also mildly uncomfortable (just a different uncomfortable than being overly full all day).
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    It's nagging. My stomach hurts and I get frustrated (when I'm on a deficit), angry. Very unpleasant, and it happens about every 3 hours.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I am the Incredible Hulk when it comes to hunger. "I'm always hungry."
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I have the typical, average kind of hunger,where your stomach lets you know it wants to be filled. If it goes through that wave without getting fed, the feeling increases with each wave until it gets some food. :)
  • sheila2323
    sheila2323 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Mine are nausea and rage, and headache.

Same. Mostly nausea and headache, though.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I become very aware of my stomach and the fact that it's empty, it gets growly, and I get irritable.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Hunger is just a sensation for me. It's not really unpleasant and it's definitely not debilitating.

I think not being able delay or skip a meal without feeling ill was the first sign something was wrong. I wish I knew that then -- instead I just masked the symptoms by eating more frequently to avoid that feeling (and consequently more) which just made the problem worse.
  • melissalan
    melissalan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My hunger hits hard and fast. Makes me nauseous. If I can't stop and eat and am able to power through it, then I feel fine after about 30 minutes and it's like the hunger never happened.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Like an evil weasel gnawing away at my stomach lining.
  • jstika
    jstika Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get weak and tired, sometimes my stomach just growls and hurts and feels like it's eating itself. I don't generally get super pissy and irritated when I'm hungry, fortunately. I'm not too overweight, like 15lbs maybe, so I doubt the weak and tired thing is anything more than just low blood sugar and needing carbs. Since I ride my bike to and from work 20-25 minutes each way (~5 miles), I probably require more carbs regularly than most people who just drive to work.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Mine is a wolverine eating me from the inside along with the desperation that would accompany an actual wolverine gnawing on your insides.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Grumbling belly, headache, grumpy
  • BitterSweetWinter
    BitterSweetWinter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Honestly. Anxiety, panic.... working on this. I'm trying to learn that hunger is normal and a good thing. Hunger means I need to refuel and that is all.