I hate the way my body looks, yet can't stop poisonig my body with crappy food !!!!

Options
I know I am not the only one going through this, I wake up in the morning determined to make it a healthy day and sometimes start my day with a healthy shake. I then start to feel hunger pangs so I see what I can find in my kitchen. Because my family is not supportive they have junk food all over the place and because I am at this point hungry I eat whatever crap I can find. I then keep the day going with crappy food because in my head I'm thinking.....killed my day, might as well eat all my temptation away and start healthy again tomorrow. The problem is, that this is an everyday thing. And don't get me started on how much my body craves soda pop. I LOVE it even though I know it isn't the best thing for me. Now don't get me wrong, some days I can do very good and behave when it comes to eating. But I've had enough of killing my healthy days because I lack support. I'm tired of feeling blah and tired of giving in to my body's sick cravings that are slowly killing me instead of helping me. I am finally determined to get out of this stagnant rut that leads to a viscous cycle. I am putting an end to it here! This stops now! Enough is enough! If not now, when? If any of you wish to add me please feel free to do so. Good luck to everyone out there fighting for their health!

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I recommend you see someone about this. If not someone has to know all of the truth about how you feel in this situation.

Source: I was where you are. Look at my profile pic. They go in order of 2010, 2012, then 2014.

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants#latest

Best link on here. Lots of reading but invaluable.

I will tell you one thing I have learned is you do not have to eat "healthy" to lose weight. You just have to eat less. Every time I started a "diet" I would do the same as you...start out with a healthy shake and feel hungry and deprived by lunch. You don't have to do that. Learn how to log your calories accurately, and find a modest calorie deficit. Eat what you want but stay in that deficit and remember you get to start over again tomorrow. Small changes over time. You cannot giving up everything you enjoy...it's a recipe for failure. Good luck..!!
  • Harleyb87
    Harleyb87 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I sabotage myself! I want to be thin more than anything but I am a emotional eater. Its important to take each day one at a time and make every decision carefully but never forget that one mistake doesnt ruin your week but making the same mistake over and over again will.
  • CynnamonSweets
    CynnamonSweets Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants#latest

I will tell you one thing I have learned is you do not have to eat "healthy" to lose weight. You just have to eat less. Every time I started a "diet" I would do the same as you...start out with a healthy shake and feel hungry and deprived by lunch. You don't have to do that. Learn how to log your calories accurately, and find a modest calorie deficit. Eat what you want but stay in that deficit and remember you get to start over again tomorrow. Small changes over time. You cannot giving up everything you enjoy...it's a recipe for failure. Good luck..!!

Thank you! This really helped motivate me further
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    you're welcome! When you go to that link, be sure to click on page 1. That's where the helpful links are!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

If you get nothing else out of your post, this response is perfect. A "diet" has a beginning and an end. This is a long-term change to your lifestyle. Make small changes in how you eat, and the amount... but you know how much weight i would have lost if i deprived myself of pizza, wings, fries, onion rings, cookies and beer? the answer is zero.

i have all of those things. just not as much and not as often.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of threads started by people whose families are not dieting with them. They usually have the word "sabotage" in the title. I would suggest that you go read through some and see what you take from them.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The first thing you have to do is stop blaming others for "sabotaging" your diet, accept responsibility for your own well being and move forward from there.

What is this "healthy" shake you're drinking? Why not real food which will probably be far more satisfying and not make you feel deprived.

As others have pointed out, it's not what you eat it's how much (believe it or not you can lose weight eating nothing but Twinkies......not my idea of a good time but it's calories in, calories out).
  • CynnamonSweets
    Options
    The first thing you have to do is stop blaming others for "sabotaging" your diet, accept responsibility for your own well being and move forward from there.

What is this "healthy" shake you're drinking? Why not real food which will probably be far more satisfying and not make you feel deprived.

As others have pointed out, it's not what you eat it's how much (believe it or not you can lose weight eating nothing but Twinkies......not my idea of a good time but it's calories in, calories out).

This "shake" i speak of consists of any fruits and veggies I find in my fridge. And never did I blame anyone for "sabatoging" my diet. I take all responsibility.
  • CynnamonSweets
    Options

If you get nothing else out of your post, this response is perfect. A "diet" has a beginning and an end. This is a long-term change to your lifestyle. Make small changes in how you eat, and the amount... but you know how much weight i would have lost if i deprived myself of pizza, wings, fries, onion rings, cookies and beer? the answer is zero.

i have all of those things. just not as much and not as often.

Thank you. I had the healthy thing going on for a while and even the portion control but then I don't remember how I ended up in square one again. I know I can do it though
  • CynnamonSweets
    Options
    Thank you to all of you that commented. Both negative and positive comments. Thank you they really helped!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Diet soda will help at least that part! :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Very dramatic. Start counting your calories. Stay in a deficit. Count the calories in the "crappy" food you're eating, see when you can fit it and when you can't.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I occasionally allot 200 cals for "sometimes" food first thing in the morning...I just put Quick add calories until the mood for whatever strikes and then I'll only eat that much and log it properly. Otherwise it's going plague me. Just knowing those cals are there already accounted for means I relax the rest of the day with "everyday" foods.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    mrsbaldee wrote: »
    I occasionally allot 200 cals for "sometimes" food first thing in the morning...I just put Quick add calories until the mood for whatever strikes and then I'll only eat that much and log it properly. Otherwise it's going plague me. Just knowing those cals are there already accounted for means I relax the rest of the day with "everyday" foods.

I do this too. I even go as far as to log calories above or at maintenance for the upcoming Saturday, and work my deficit around it for the rest.
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Another MFP'er passed on this bit of wisdom: If you had a dozen eggs and dropped one on the floor, would you throw down the whole dozen? Nope. You'd take out the number you needed and put the rest back in the fridge. Similarly, one mistake doesn't wreck the day or week. You just start where you are and go on. :)

Speaking of eggs, I recently made a fake egg experiment that I'll probably refine on, likely with more veg and more seasoning. Had a half-cup of chopped onion and a plate with a high, sloping rim. Sprayed plate with Pam. Spread onions out on it. Microwaved onions about 90 seconds, mixed them around, added maybe 1/2 to 1 Tbs minced garlic and 1/4 tsp of Greek seasoning, or maybe it was Italian, waved another 90 seconds. (would have done better to add the seasonings at the start.) Added 12 Tbs of egg substitute. Waved em for another couple-few minutes, cut it into fourths, flipped them, microwaved for another minute or two. This morning, waved one of those quarters for about 90 seconds while toasting half of an Orowheat double-fiber English muffin. Spread muffin with 1 tsp of I Can't Believe &c, folded the egg on top. 133 calories. Coulda added a one-ounce slice of cheese and I'd still have been within 250 calories. Or wave the egg with one Tbs of shredded cheddar for 37 cal and a slice of Canadian bacon for 43, and you've got an open-faced McMuffin for 203 calories.
    The egg done that way winds up extending past the English muffin, but it struck me as an easy way to get 4 servings done at once.

What about diet soda? Or flavored fizzy water?
  • littlelamby
    littlelamby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do this! And love yourself, loving yourself is very important! I get how you feel with all the junk food. Maybe your family could be convinced to buy healthier food with a little informing. Healthy food is nutritious and more energy providing!
  • CynnamonSweets
    Options
    JanetMMcC wrote: »
    Another MFP'er passed on this bit of wisdom: If you had a dozen eggs and dropped one on the floor, would you throw down the whole dozen? Nope. You'd take out the number you needed and put the rest back in the fridge. Similarly, one mistake doesn't wreck the day or week. You just start where you are and go on. :)

Speaking of eggs, I recently made a fake egg experiment that I'll probably refine on, likely with more veg and more seasoning. Had a half-cup of chopped onion and a plate with a high, sloping rim. Sprayed plate with Pam. Spread onions out on it. Microwaved onions about 90 seconds, mixed them around, added maybe 1/2 to 1 Tbs minced garlic and 1/4 tsp of Greek seasoning, or maybe it was Italian, waved another 90 seconds. (would have done better to add the seasonings at the start.) Added 12 Tbs of egg substitute. Waved em for another couple-few minutes, cut it into fourths, flipped them, microwaved for another minute or two. This morning, waved one of those quarters for about 90 seconds while toasting half of an Orowheat double-fiber English muffin. Spread muffin with 1 tsp of I Can't Believe &c, folded the egg on top. 133 calories. Coulda added a one-ounce slice of cheese and I'd still have been within 250 calories. Or wave the egg with one Tbs of shredded cheddar for 37 cal and a slice of Canadian bacon for 43, and you've got an open-faced McMuffin for 203 calories.
    The egg done that way winds up extending past the English muffin, but it struck me as an easy way to get 4 servings done at once.

What about diet soda? Or flavored fizzy water?

Thanks that is so true! Thank you for passing it forward. As for the diet soda or fizzy flavored water, they have aspartame, of you thought sugar was bad, this sugar substitute is worse. It causes diabetes and messes your body up in so many different ways. I know I know. So does the stuff in normal soda pop. I have just got to straight out limit myself on it at least if I can't cut it out of my life. Thanks
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Prepare your meals each day. Limit yourself to ONLY the items you've prepared. If you stick to this then it doesnt matter whats in your house and you'll have no excuses. Have the willpower to make the best choice.