back again... feeling unmotivated and worse than before

Options
hi there!

i've been a MFP before, and thought i could manage on my own after much success about 4 years ago. i personally don't know where the motivation went, but since i've left MFP the second time, i've met the love of my life, got married, bought a house, lived through major loss, lived through some amazing positives...i consider myself to have a very awesome and very normal life...which unfortunately has led me to be at my heaviest, a place beyond what i had always promised i would never go to. i am back and looking to fight to regain my motivation, but am feeling very crippled by the process. looking for any advice on how to proceed without feeling discouraged or angered at my current situation. my husband is on board and very understanding and helpful, but i have to do this for myself on my own terms.

hoping third time's a charm?

Replies

• gwaygirl
    gwaygirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    don't feel discouraged, I am in the same boat, and am back on track as of today o:)

start small, increase your steps or exercise :)

drink lots of water B)

log everything :p

we can do this, hugs
  • sarahmcs65
    sarahmcs65 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't be down, Im sure we're not the only ones who finds this tough
  • mariemxx
    mariemxx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    We're all in the same boat. Any motivation is a step in the right direction, YOU GOT THIS !
  • sarahmcs65
    sarahmcs65 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My post didn't all go throu, but as above, try add little more exercise and track all food,
    We can do this, if you need any motivation feel free to message me
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've found that a series of little changes can add up to make big chance in your weight. Just the simple act of logging everything you eat will give you an idea of how much you are eating and how many calories you are really taking in.
  • _Elizabeth_
    _Elizabeth_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also lost weight on MFP and stopped using it for a while. I returned to the program when my pants started to get a bit snug in the waist. It motivated me to view my return to MFP not as getting back on a wagon I fell off but as a safe fall-back plan that I was returning to after a little time away.
  • SweetDesiderata
    SweetDesiderata Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! Just started back up today after a long hiatus and much weight gain. I am looking to build my support group on here, so feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sbranch38
    sbranch38 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is my first time using MFP, and so far it has been great!!! We all are trying to accomplish the same goal so don't feel discourage.. We are helpers one to another... Add me please
  • TheChangeIsNow
    TheChangeIsNow Posts: 48 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I totally understand. I've gone up and down and from motivated to not at all over the last several years. Day one to me always seemed like such a mountain to climb. BUT, you have to have a day one in order to get where you want. For me once I start losing weight and feeling more energized, it's sooo much easier. I get IN THE zone. You can do this! Just tell yourself you are so much stronger than the need to give up! Easier said than done, I know. Hang in there! You're going to OWN this!
  • jenniferowens822
    jenniferowens822 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's my second attempt at MFP and I'm trying to talk full advantage of everything it has to offer. This is my first time reading a message board and I like the support everyone is offering. I think my problem is wanting to lose too much too fast. Today I started doing T25 on my lunch break with some coworkers and its not so bad. I hope we can all continue to support each other.