Young breastfeeding mother looking for other moms/friends to join the journey to pre pregnancy bods!

Options
My daughter is 6 months old and I am close to my pre pregnancy weight of 135. I am 20 years old and 5'4, atm I weigh 137. I am struggling not so
Much to loose the weight but to do it in a healthy manner, to be a good influence to my daughter and to not compromise her health by not consuming the proper amount of calories she needs to grow/ be healthy. I want to be 120 and finally feel happy and confident in my own skin which is a process in both mental and physical ways. I struggle with just having some people to join the journey.. To share recipes .. To feel part of a community and change the negative feelings we associate with loosing weight to making it a healthy a fun lifestyle change ! So add me up if your looking for a new friend !

Replies

• Christina_Monty
    Christina_Monty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got pretty lucky with my pregnancy weight gain/loss. I gained 15 lbs and already lost 20.

I have the same goal as you! I'm 5'4 and I also want to reach 120! (Or lower if I feel I need it). I'm 143 right now.

I'm around your age and breastfeeding too.

Fun fact. 1 oz of breastmilk is 20 calories.
  • sydneywestra13
    sydneywestra13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of 2 my daughter will be 2 in just a couple of weeks and my son is only 7 months, my goal is a lot bigger than yours 60 pounds but I'm almost 10 pounds down! Feel free to add me none of my friends know what it's like to loose the horrible baby pooch! I'm the only one with kids ugh!
  • michellessweet
    michellessweet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @ Christina..
    I got pretty lucky with my pregnancy weight gain/loss. I gained 15 lbs and already lost 20.

I have the same goal as you! I'm 5'4 and I also want to reach 120! (Or lower if I feel I need it). I'm 143 right now.

I'm around your age and breastfeeding too.

Fun fact. 1 oz of breastmilk is 20 calories.

Omg you only gained 15 pounds !! You are so lucky. At the end of my pregnancy I was 185 lost 20 immediately (due to a 11 pound baby lol) and the last 30 kinda just happened over the past 6 months.. It's these last 15-20 that's going to take work !! And it's so nice to have that extra calorie burn from just feeding your little one !!
  • michellessweet
    Options
    I'm a mother of 2 my daughter will be 2 in just a couple of weeks and my son is only 7 months, my goal is a lot bigger than yours 60 pounds but I'm almost 10 pounds down! Feel free to add me none of my friends know what it's like to loose the horrible baby pooch! I'm the only one with kids ugh!

I'll be adding you :) , and yes and especially hard when all I crave is candy and junk food haha
  • Prissilva
    Prissilva Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding momma here...how do you ladies track your nursing on here
  • siulingle
    siulingle Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Need some modivation too! I'm 5 months postpartum, exclusively breastfeeding and need to lose another 15 lbs to reach my pre pregnancy weight of 125. I started working out (mostly cardio) for the past 6 weeks and have not lost anything - getting a bit worried that I'll be stuck at this weight forever :(
  • linds_higgs
    linds_higgs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My daughter is 4 months old and exclusively breast fed. I have a bigger goal of 80 pounds. Just started using this app today after seeing my doctor. I also have a 2 year old.
  • jennilee828
    jennilee828 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am almost 5mo pp with my 3rd (I also have 3yo twins) I am breastfeeding and ready to kick these extra lbs to the curb.
    I would love some motivation and accountability so add me and let's do this! I have about 20 lbs to lose to get to pre pregnancy weight but ultimate goal is 40lbs. I'm 5'10" and want to be at 160. I've used MFP Ayer my twins and had great success in losing 40lbs but gained it all back with this last pregnancy. My son is my last one so I'm ready to get back in shape and stay that way!!!
  • siulingle
    siulingle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Prissilva wrote: »
    Breastfeeding momma here...how do you ladies track your nursing on here

I use the 'Lactation (newborn-solids)' which shaves off 396 calories for you. That's if you are producing 20 oz of breastmilk per day. Since I pump and bottle feed about twice a day I have an idea of how much my LO takes in at each fees and go off that. Hope that helps.
  • michellessweet
    Options
    siulingle wrote: »
    Need some modivation too! I'm 5 months postpartum, exclusively breastfeeding and need to lose another 15 lbs to reach my pre pregnancy weight of 125. I started working out (mostly cardio) for the past 6 weeks and have not lost anything - getting a bit worried that I'll be stuck at this weight forever :(

That is very strange !! I didn't start loosing the little bit until around the beginning of 6 months postpartum.. The only thing I can think of is your taking in the amount of calories to maintain your weight instead of loosing all together.. If your not already eating lots of fruits and veggies I suggest it!! It's a great way to fill yourself up /lots of nutrition and less calories.. And try going meat free one or two days a week I also try and cut out anything that comes in a package or is processed (try is the key word lol.. Not always able to resist temptation ) .. My goal is 0.5 pounds a week so in 4 weeks I only expect to loose 2 pounds .. So I'm expecting it to take 7 months to get to my goal (loosing around 14 pounds) I have learned nothing worth anything is fast or easy. It will take time but I get to eat more then a measly 1200 calories a day !! I eat around 1650 cals and take off 500 for breast feeding .. If I exercise I can choose to eat back the calories, depends if I'm hungry or not but either way I am loosing weight slowly but truly lol I try to always remener I'm feeding a baby so I don't want to eat to little that her health is being compromised .. She is the first priority !! :)

• michellessweet
    Options
    Hi! My daughter is 4 months old and exclusively breast fed. I have a bigger goal of 80 pounds. Just started using this app today after seeing my doctor. I also have a 2 year old.

Good luck on your goal !! If your breastfeeding that helps shed the weight. Either way make sure to cut down on the processed foods and load up on the fruits and veggies .. ! How much are you planning on loosing a week .. Also feel free to snoop my food diary for examples of a day .. A good excersize for Mommas is taking baby on a walk !! Remember flat Tummys come from the kitchen .. And walk like you MEAN it :) !!
  • michellessweet
    Options
    Hi! I am almost 5mo pp with my 3rd (I also have 3yo twins) I am breastfeeding and ready to kick these extra lbs to the curb.
    I would love some motivation and accountability so add me and let's do this! I have about 20 lbs to lose to get to pre pregnancy weight but ultimate goal is 40lbs. I'm 5'10" and want to be at 160. I've used MFP Ayer my twins and had great success in losing 40lbs but gained it all back with this last pregnancy. My son is my last one so I'm ready to get back in shape and stay that way!!!

I added you !! Good luck on your goal
  • saraskeeters
    saraskeeters Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 23 and a first time mom to a 3 month old baby boy. I am breastfeeding and pumping to save. I am trying to lose weight healthy (50 ibs). I didn't gain any weight while I was pregnant but was already overweight when I got pregnant. I weighed in at 211 prepregnancy and was at 209 when I delivered. I automatically lost 16 when I had him but when I started this 10 days ago I weighed 203. I've lost almost 4 Ibs but need motivation to keep it up. Would love to have more friends that are breastfeeding as well.