i need breakfast ideas!

Options
So I just made some plain oatmeal and added a tsp of organic peanutbutter and it is gross. Anybody have any fast breakfast ideas??? Thanks

Replies

• rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with 1 tsp brown sugar and 1/4 cup frozen blueberries yummm
  • crazimomi
    crazimomi Posts: 1
    Options
    Egg white omelette with mushrooms, tomatoes and green pepper with a slice of whole wheat toast lightly buttered.
  • Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm probably no help cause I always eat the same thing every day for breakfast. Either instant high fiber oatmeal with sliced banana or plain cheerios with sliced banana. Every day for the past 2 years but I never get bored of it. :)
    But if you are looking for fast things to take out the door you can try whole grain toast with peanut butter or one of those bagel thins with fat free cream cheese spread is always good. ohhhh Quaker actually makes an oatmeal to go bar which is delicious! You can warm it in the microwave and eat. I usually eat it for a after run snack though but it keeps me full. They also have a breakfast oatmeal cookie that is pretty good too.
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have really enjoyed the special K cereals....chocolatey delight and fruity and yogurt are my faves!!! Thomas's triple health English muffins are also good (only 100 cals) pair that with some fruit.....it's pretty good. If you want a heavier breakfast, Fiber One makes a great pancake mix and it isn't too bad on the cals for pancakes and it has fiber.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I go with a BIG breakfast because, personally, I don't believe anyone should skimp on this meal. The morning usually starts with 2 scrambled eggs with diced ham, onions and spinach. One slice of 12-grain toast with one slice of low fat cheese. Half a banana. Black coffee and a bottle of water. I try to get at least 1/3 of my daily calorie intake in at breakfast. Since doing that, I have been dropping weight quickly WITHOUT exercise. Now I am just .2 lbs away from shedding 30 lbs since January 2010!
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I luv oatmeal but I can't seem to eat it in the summer when its hot out so I mix it in with smoothies, example 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup greek plain nonfat yogurt, 1/4 cup oats, six icecubes, stevia, sometimes I add ground flax seed, blend and enjoy! This is my go to breakfast shake, I just vary the fruit!!
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My favourite breakfast is a small can of baked beans with a quorn sausage or two and some dutch crispbakes or melba toast :smile:
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every morning, but I'm not very original. I have plain, old bran cereal with a little bit of cinnamon on week days and on weekends I switch it up to raisin bran. Crazy, I know. :tongue: Sometimes if I'm running late I have an apple and some nuts that I can eat on my walk to work.

Oatmeal with blueberries is good though too.

Poached eggs with toast is another fave, but to be honest I tend to have that more often for lunch or dinner.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    In addition, for breakfast on-the-go, I will pre-make hard-boiled eggs so I can grab them quickly while heading out the door.
  • RachelleStarson
    RachelleStarson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is great some healthy YUMMY add-ins are - berries, raisins or cranberries. Just be sure to measure out because other than the fresh berries, the dried fruit can really add up the calories and sugar wise.
    Eggs are another wonderful breakfast idea. Stir up 2 egg whites one yolk and 2tbl sp of your fave salsa and VOILA! yummy and healthy scrambled eggs. Or poach them.
    Last but certainly not least YOGURT!!!! I buy plain fat free yogurt then I mix in a bag or frozen berries (NO SUGAR ADDED) I mix together and have 1 cup of this over a cup of a high protein cereal like Kashi Go Lean. This is the breakfast of champions!!!
  • instructor03
    instructor03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have made the biggest loser mini frittatas. Take the time to bake them, throw them in the freezer. thaw in micro and good to go. They are delicious and so easy to make. Breakfast is so important, so it is nice to have something you like!!

1 cup steamed broccoli chopped
    2 cups egg substitute
    2 oz (1c.) finely shredded light cheddar cheese

Divide broccoli evenly in 8 cups of a standard 12 muffin tin sprayed with Pam.
    Then divide the egg substitute evenly (1/4c.)
    Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes remove and add cheese. Bake for another 8-10 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack.

Serving size 2 frittatas

102 calories
    18g protein
    4g carb
    2g fat
    5mg cholesterol
    1g fiber
    362mg sodium
  • shufie
    shufie Posts: 11
    Options
    bump
  • Zalissa
    Zalissa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is 1/4 cup (dry) steel cut oatmeal with 1/4 cup blueberries and 2 hard boiled eggs.

I make the steel cut oats on Sunday. While the oats are cooking, I put out 7 individual containers and put the 1/4 cup frozen blueberries in each container. When the oats are ready, I just divide up the oatmeal among the 7 containers. Close those up and toss them in the refrigerator.

When I re-heat the oats for breakfast, I zap them in the microwave for about 30 seconds, give them a stir, and then zap them for another 30 seconds. I also add a touch of ground flax seed just before I eat them. It's delicious and I personally do not miss any sweeteners. The blueberries do the job nicely!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i have 2 get up at 4am 4 work so i have 1 slice of malted bread toasted with low sugar jam then at 10am on my t break i have a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes because im always hungry by 10am! but when im off i usually hava boiled egg and 2 bits of toast or a bacon sandwich. hope that helps.x
  • Shushonet
    Shushonet Posts: 37
    Options
    I love 1 cup of fiber one cornflakes with yogurt (1 cup as well)
    or one sandwich with low fat yellow cheese and low fat mayo (5%) and one sandwich with low fat pastrami (turkey, 1-3%) and mayo or something.
  • browneyes1022
    Options
    Thanks everyone lots of great ideas :smile: I will have to see what works best
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    yogurt granola with loads of fruit is my fav!
    healthy granola bar, piece of fruit, glass of low fat milk
    cinnamon raisin bagel w/ organic peanutbutter
    old faithful special k
  • rockachick1982
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend this every day only because of the amount of dishes it uses :tongue:

But I have a book that has fantastic breakfast nachos.
    Your Ingredients: Tostitos Whole Grain Tortilla Chips, 3 eggs whites, Salsa Con Queso, Taco Sauce, and Mild Salsa
    Follow the Serving Sizes, or you can double up on the Tortilla Chips and it fills you up QUICK!

Layer your first bowl with half of the tortilla chips - set aside
    Mix the Salsa and Taco Sauce Together
    In a separate bowl mix in the Salsa Con Queso - 2 TBSP plus 2 TSP
    Mix your egg whites in another bowl
    Microwave all on high 30 seconds - egg whites should be just a bit runny on top - take them out and mix them up a bit - if the residual heat doesn't cook the rest of the eggs, keep microwaving in 10 second intervals until done - season with salt and pepper

Add the egg white mixture to your chips, then cheese sauce, another layer of chips, eggs, cheese and finally top with the salsa.
    This breakfast is super filling and very very yummy - Hope it works for you!!
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump

That frittata recipe looks easy and yummy!