Resetting Starting Weight

Options
m13a
m13a Posts: 41 Member
So this is my 2nd time using MFP to keep me on track to losing weight. I had great results the last time around but, unfortunately, stopped tracking and went through some major life changes - all of which resulted in a 30 pound gain. Even higher than where I started at last time. Eek!

Now I'm already a bit into losing that weight but I noticed today, when logging my current weight, that MFP updated my log saying that I've only lost 2 pounds. I've lost a lot more than that in this most recent journey. I did log my peak weight most recently so I know it's not for lack of having done that. I think they're referring to my starting weight the last time around. I know - It is silly and not a huge deal but I wonder...

Can I reset my starting weight number? Is that simply a glitch with MFP? I don't want to completely wipe out my former statistics because I like to have a record of everything I've been through. However, it is a bit deflating to see such a low number of pounds lost.

Replies

• IriaSparcast
    IriaSparcast Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you want to edit your very first weigh-in, it's under My Home > Check In > Edit Previous Entries.
  • m13a
    m13a Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you want to edit your very first weigh-in, it's under My Home > Check In > Edit Previous Entries.

So that's the only way I can do it? By artificially adding in an entry that inserts my latest peak weight before all previous weigh-in's? I'll admit that I didn't think of doing this. Thanks for the idea. I've done so and will have to see how it works. I guess as long as I know that wasn't actually what I weighed at the time.

Though I do wish MFP would let you adjust the starting date. To factor in people like me who may gain and lose and go through more than one weight loss journey.
  • Carol2Noble
    Carol2Noble Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes I have the same issue, and your right it's a big let down. I went onto my computer to edit my very first weigh-in, it's under My Home > Check In > Edit Previous Entries. You just click on your start weight and change it not all your history.
    But for some reason it's not updating on my app :(