cravings

Options
My worst enemy is my cravings for mainly something sweet like chocolate or milkshakes . Is there a way to fool my body into believing I'm getting these cravings without messing up my diet ? I love smoothies so I'm going to start drinking more with protein but how do I take place of my chocolate cravings ? Any ideas or thoughts .

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Have a small serving of what it is you are craving. If you have what it is you want, your body is happy. Learning to eat in moderation leads to long-term success. Don't think of it as a 'diet'. It's just how you eat. Smaller portions of all the things you like, fitting into your calorie goals. Do you own a food scale? If not, you should buy one.
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You can have chocolate as long as you stay within your daily calorie goal.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with chocolate.
  • initialsdeebee
    initialsdeebee Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    High quality chocolates/pastries! Or at least whatever is your favorite. A little of a nice, fancy rich quality chocolate goes further for me than cheap chocolate chips. Some healthier alternatives can be satisfying too for me sometimes: Chocolate smoothie with healthy stuff in it, whole/multigrain waffles, berries and bananas with a sweet topping, homemade chocolate mousse or pudding with less sugar and some healthy ingredients have also worked for me.
  • trodney1104
    trodney1104 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I recommend gluten free frozen desserts. I discovered them in the process of making a girls day lunch for a couple of friends that are gluten free. One particular brand is called Arctic Zero. Amazing and only 35 calories a serving or 150 calories for a whole pint! They come in lots of yummy chocolate flavors and are the perfect treat. I buy them at a store called Sprouts but I imagine that they are available at Whole Foods and other health food stores. Enjoy!!!
  • Zia209
    Zia209 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was following Atkins for a while and the cravings where killing me. Now that I am just following a calorie restriction plan I am able to have a little of something. The best thing is to just grab a Hershey bar with no nuts. It is chocolate and not too bad on the calories. I break it up and freeze the pieces so they last longer :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I like some good dark chocolate. I can eat less and still feel satisfied.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    I recommend gluten free frozen desserts. I discovered them in the process of making a girls day lunch for a couple of friends that are gluten free. One particular brand is called Arctic Zero. Amazing and only 35 calories a serving or 150 calories for a whole pint! They come in lots of yummy chocolate flavors and are the perfect treat. I buy them at a store called Sprouts but I imagine that they are available at Whole Foods and other health food stores. Enjoy!!!

One - they really don't have a lot of flavor in them - so to each their own, but most people really don't like them.
    Two - no reason to eat gluten free ANYTHING if you are not gluten intolerant. Sorry, but as a person with Celiac disease this drives me absolutely bananas. Gluten free foods are no healthier than gluten-bearing foods, and in some cases are less healthy, as they replace the gluten with sugar or sodium for flavor.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Chocolate flavored whey haha. I use double chocolate whey iso from gnc. It tastes amazing just mixed with water and there's only 2g of carbs in it, so almost 100% of the calories (140 i think) are from protein.
  • trodney1104
    trodney1104 Posts: 48 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

You are correct, to each their own. Keep that in mind next time you decide to share your opinion please.

• mccindy72
    Options

You are correct, to each their own. Keep that in mind next time you decide to share your opinion please.

so, my sharing my opinion results in you deciding to get entirely snotty about that fact? sorry you don't like the fact that I'm letting OP know that not everyone loves them as much as you do. Just the facts, ma'am. Get over it.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My worst enemy is my cravings for mainly something sweet like chocolate or milkshakes . Is there a way to fool my body into believing I'm getting these cravings without messing up my diet ? I love smoothies so I'm going to start drinking more with protein but how do I take place of my chocolate cravings ? Any ideas or thoughts .

Chocolate is high in iron. Maybe your body needs that nutrient... Go for extra dark chocolate 72% or more and one or two squares should satisfy the craving without adding much calories.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    The only way I manage my cravings is by logging my "treat" earlier in the day before it hits. I try and figure out what it is I may want and find something that fits in my goal for the day. It's really helped me not binge and go over calories by knowing and looking forward to it.
  • mrskubicek23
    mrskubicek23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who replied to my discussion . I'm really excited to have people to go to with my questions . I am looking forward to getting to my weight goal! Lots of great advice :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

I'm sorry but last I checked this was an OPEN forum and everyone gets an opinion. No reason to get all snarky about it.

r8ss78u3fjep.jpeg